Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
High Life pomade
10-22-2015, 05:54 AM
High Life pomade
I'm new in the pomade game so I'm looking around for what's good and what's best. I hear good things about Suavecito. How does High Life compare? I wear a business style cut parted on the side. My hair is short on the sides and 2" or so on top. I don't want a lot of shine just a lot of hold. How do these 2 compare? Or should I be looking for something else?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-22-2015, 07:12 AM (This post was last modified: 10-22-2015 07:18 AM by Thomas Martin.)
RE: High Life pomade
They're completely different products. Suavecito is a gel even if it says pomade on the tin. A good one but a gel all the same. HL is a pomade. It's a petrolatum based grease that won't wash out easily. There are several versions but I hear that the Heavy hold version is one of the hardest pomades in the market. It's not for the beginner. I would advice to get the medium first to see if this kind of product is something for you or not. I own the medium. It's a pretty greasy product that smells heavily of coconut and vanilla. It's not strong enough for my thick hair that leaves a too greasy feeling for me. HL is produced by DAX. I'd advice you'll try the red DAX. I like it better and it's much cheaper.
10-22-2015, 08:17 AM
Thanks for the info, Thomas. My wife bought me some Suavecito so I look forward to checking it out. I also have some Murray's coming to try. I think I'd like something that isn't a pain to wash out so water base is what I'm looking for at this point.

Any other advice or tips are welcome!
10-22-2015, 11:53 AM
In that case you should stay away from Murrays like from the plague. Especially if its Superior. That stuff is a PITA to wash out. But in fact, non wash out pomade also has advantages. In fact, I much prefer petrolatum based pomades. The feel and look is incomparable to a gel. You'll use much less (a tin of Murrays lasts an eternity) and save money. The first time and after washing out you'll use more (two to three scoops would be a starting point, depending on your hair and the style you prefer) and then a small amount each day would do the job. I also find that my hair looks much healthier than before and that it would cause hair loss, which some believe, is an urban myth IMO. Just try for yourself. What works for me may not work for you. And BTW, you can safely use Murrays as a base and finish with Suavecito. You'll use much less Suavecito that way.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  How to degrease and remove pomade from hair leastwood2 1 610 06-15-2016 09:40 AM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum
  Ponz Grooming hair pomade opinions and experience vicktor.j 0 180 06-13-2016 10:04 AM
Last Post: vicktor.j
  Need recommendations for a pomade Dreadedone 0 362 04-27-2016 11:41 AM
Last Post: Dreadedone
  By Vilain Dynamite Clay vs Baxter of California Clay Pomade goldensw 2 705 04-17-2016 12:37 PM
Last Post: streaks of wavy