Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi, newbie with some help needed....
09-11-2013, 03:22 AM
Hi, newbie with some help needed....
Hi, come across this forum after trying to get advice on what to do with my hair! Thought i'd join to get some expert opinions and ideas!

Basically middle age has started to creep in and i'm starting to recede at the front, not too much and I 'think' it has stopped, but it has started to panic me slightly (getting old frightens me!). I've started to grey a very little on the sides but that is now under control so not really a worry. I am not balding or anything at the back / on top and my hair does grow quickly (straight). I've tried different styles and recently trying it brushed forwards and up and in towards in the middle, bit like a mohawk but not to pointy and over the top, more of a messy one. However i'm stuck what products to use, i've always used VO5 clay but recently changed to some powder stuff by schwartzkopf (got2b powderful). This seems to work thickening up the sides at the front but it doesnt really hold the middle and ends up all over the place, plus its a pain in the arse to wash out!!

So what can I use, would something like American Crew Fiber do the trick? I want a matt look to keep it looking thick. Open to any other ideas as well!

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-12-2013, 02:10 PM
RE: Hi, newbie with some help needed....
Hello mate welcome to the forum!! I am not one of the mods here but from what have seen the introduction section is not for asking hair questions, you have to start a thread in the other sections. Here is the instructions
Why not have a look at the this thread the guys are chipping in their use of products etc
Actually there was a thread about American crew fibre here
09-12-2013, 06:48 PM
Welcome to the forum fozzybear! Smile

As Bradley has correctly pointed out above, please use the other forum sections to start a thread with your specific hair care questions although be aware that you need over 10 posts to do so.

The links provided above by Bradley are good enough and you can ask questions relating specifically to the products if you want to.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
09-13-2013, 02:09 AM
Great thank you will take a look at the above posts! (and post in the right section!!)!

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Newbie Wants Long Hair ImNotSureIfiCanGrow 0 233 12-06-2015 07:46 PM
Last Post: ImNotSureIfiCanGrow
  Hello Newbie Here jkot11 0 300 08-04-2015 08:03 AM
Last Post: jkot11
  Newbie Kinky Hair Dude Looking to Learn @ 49 Lotus131 0 295 07-02-2015 01:30 PM
Last Post: Lotus131
  Hello from LA - Long on top, short on sides, volume needed! HorseTears 3 684 06-16-2015 12:11 PM
Last Post: thearun