Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi Everyone
10-17-2014, 07:04 AM
Hi Everyone
I love my hair and always want new styles. Do you guys go to a barber or a salon? I love the professional look of a salon, but there are things that they can't do for my hair.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-20-2014, 10:18 AM
RE: Hi Everyone
hi! I usually go to a barber, but I haven't gotten a haircut in over a year
10-22-2014, 04:24 AM (This post was last modified: 10-22-2014 04:32 AM by Thebarbered1.)
Hi Inmate... Firstly, great to have you here. Welcome! In certain respects, I'm very lucky with my hair. It does get greasy, limp and lifeless quite quickly, but when I concentrate on it more, it's good.
You ask about salons or barbers... either have always been fine for me, but now, I actually go to a college nearby here where trainees do it. They talk about "barbering", but it's a very salon-like atmosphere - very friendly, very relaxed, they really look after you, and always go through with you exactly what you want, and the tutor is always there on hand to help out. They wash it for you too (very restful. Smile ). They do take a little bit more time, but that doesn't bother me, and it's well worth it, as they always do an excellent job. I always treat my haircuts as a bit of an occasion, and when I sit there and am caped up, I just relax and enjoy it, so them taking that little bit longer is fine with me.
I'm always interested in different styles etc too. I've had many different styles over time, but for the last 2 years or so -up until a couple of months ago -I just had a fairly standard #5ish at the back and sides, and a couple of inches on top.
Then, in early September, I decided to go a bit shorter on top, #3 back and sides. Then yesterday, I had it cut again - the same, but with a #2.5 back and sides. I didn't even know they could do .5s (I thought it was just 5,4, 3, 2 etc), so I've learn't something new there. I liked the #3 a lot, but am really pleased with it (people tell me that I look much younger with shorter hair), but as I say, and like yourself, yes, I'm always interested in new possibilities of styles.
You say "but there are things that they can't do for my hair"... Take in a photo of how you'd like it, I'm sure they'll be able to advise you.
How do you have yours now, and what have you had in the past?
10-22-2014, 05:39 PM
I usually go to a stylist that I know, but just like the other reply, I haven't gotten a cut in about a year.
10-31-2014, 10:55 PM
(10-22-2014 04:24 AM)Thebarbered1 Wrote:  Hi Inmate... Firstly, great to have you here. Welcome! In certain respects, I'm very lucky with my hair. It does get greasy, limp and lifeless quite quickly, but when I concentrate on it more, it's good.
You ask about salons or barbers... either have always been fine for me, but now, I actually go to a college nearby here where trainees do it. They talk about "barbering", but it's a very salon-like atmosphere - very friendly, very relaxed, they really look after you, and always go through with you exactly what you want, and the tutor is always there on hand to help out. They wash it for you too (very restful. Smile ). They do take a little bit more time, but that doesn't bother me, and it's well worth it, as they always do an excellent job. I always treat my haircuts as a bit of an occasion, and when I sit there and am caped up, I just relax and enjoy it, so them taking that little bit longer is fine with me.
I'm always interested in different styles etc too. I've had many different styles over time, but for the last 2 years or so -up until a couple of months ago -I just had a fairly standard #5ish at the back and sides, and a couple of inches on top.
Then, in early September, I decided to go a bit shorter on top, #3 back and sides. Then yesterday, I had it cut again - the same, but with a #2.5 back and sides. I didn't even know they could do .5s (I thought it was just 5,4, 3, 2 etc), so I've learn't something new there. I liked the #3 a lot, but am really pleased with it (people tell me that I look much younger with shorter hair), but as I say, and like yourself, yes, I'm always interested in new possibilities of styles.
You say "but there are things that they can't do for my hair"... Take in a photo of how you'd like it, I'm sure they'll be able to advise you.
How do you have yours now, and what have you had in the past?

Thankz for the advice the barber....
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------