Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi
01-02-2014, 01:38 AM
Hi
Hi -- I don't have a whole lot to say, but let me just say this. I'm at that stage where I want to learn the best ways to manage and care for my natural, kinky curly hair. I don't know if it's just me that feels this way, but I feel that people don't take men as serious when it comes to hair in general -- it's almost as if we're ignored and women receive all of the attention. By this I mean that it seems as if women are seen as caring more for their hair (advertisements on t.v., products, in magazines, etc..) -- especially for men of my hairtype. I also say this, because as I was searching and browsing the internet on how to maintain curly hair (kinky hairtype), I noticed that there were virtually no guides or tutorials for men (it was assumed that only women would be interested). I'm truly happy and excited to have found this place and feel that this is where the search ends. I really look forward to seeing how this forum progresses and hope to grow along with it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-02-2014, 02:48 PM
RE: Hi
Welcome on board Javon!

You have come to the right place. Unfortunately, not only the information for men's hair is scarse but it also is many times plain garbage. You know when you land on a website or read a magazine and you can tell that the guy writing doesn't have a clue about what he's writing about and is just writing what he read another dude write? That's the men's hair field online and offline, buddy. Our goal with this site is to bring you the right information.

The only website that escapes the above is a website called Manly Curls. It is for men with curly hair, kinky curly hair and natural hair. The owner is called Rogelio and he is famous for his epic advice so you may want to have a look at his site (http://www.manlycurls.com/). He also published a very popular book about curly hair for men with all the advice you will need to take your hair to the next level. If it fits your budget, buy the paperback version of the book (the book cover is really cool too). That book alone would be the best and only 'hair product' for you to buy right now (you can read about the book in this Amazon page).

I have seen that you have been posting in the Curly Hair and Natural Hair sections of the forum so I can see you already know your way around Smile We have lots of guys here like you looking for answers to their hair and many more are realizing through our forums of the importance of their hair (it's one of the things people first notice about you!).

Welcome again! Smile

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
01-02-2014, 02:57 PM
Thank you for the welcome. I've learned so much already from both sites and I haven't even read most of the information. I will see you around -- again, thanks!
01-02-2014, 10:39 PM
Welcome to the forum bro!
01-02-2014, 11:50 PM
(01-02-2014 10:39 PM)connorhassle123 Wrote:  Welcome to the forum bro!

Thanks a lot man!
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------