Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey guys - New curly hair forum member
10-10-2015, 12:21 PM
Hey guys - New curly hair forum member
Hey, I'm 16 and I have really curly hair, a bit tighter than Rogelio but not by much. I've been growing out my hair for exactly one year this month from a buzz cut. It's about 6.5 inches long and it reaches my nose when I stretch it. My hair shrinks so much that it goes from my eyes when its wet, to my forehead when its dry. I love my hair even though it does look like a dead rat when I wake up. I have to water it like a plant every morning and feed it conditioner and leave-in. Anyways, I found out about this forum about a week ago and I didn't have the time to join but now I can and I look forward to post and learn more about hair. Lower back length is my goal and I expect to reach it in 10 years, give or take, and then maybe donate some.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-10-2015, 01:03 PM
It's great to have another curly-haired forum member joining our board!
Welcome on board! Smile

What you experience with your long curly hair is part of being a curly-haired male. Right now your hair is too short (within the long-hair range) for your coils to be weighing themselves down properly so that you don't have to water your hair as if it were a plant as you say.

It takes patience but you're on the right track. There's a lot of curly hair advice and tips in this forum, and, considering that you've mentioned Rogelio (from Manly Curls), I'm sure that you already have some curly-hair knowledge on yourself from reading him. According to what I've read from him, his hair took about 10 inches to start to hang down, so, if your hair type is similar to his hair type, you've only got about 6 months to start enjoying your dangling curls (3 inches of hair length is about 6 months of hair growth)!

Feel free to start a thread in the Blogging section of the forum if you want to document how your curly mane grows and get feedback from some of the barber. Rogelio used to post in this forum but he hasn't for a while, although it's always good to read his previous posts as he has given out some great advice in the past here in the forum (his forum username is "Curly Hair").

Lastly, it won't take you 10 years to achieve a mid-back hair length. If you're a healthy male you can get there in 6 to 8 years. I'm talking of "extended" hair length, which you probably know what it means since you've read Rogelio's methods on curly hair care, right?

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Hello guys! seventh_star 0 125 09-30-2016 01:37 PM
Last Post: seventh_star
  Hi Guys Rodzilla 0 175 05-05-2016 08:19 AM
Last Post: Rodzilla
  Hey guys glaze 0 207 03-06-2016 02:36 PM
Last Post: glaze
  Hi, Guys - O leastwood2 1 302 03-03-2016 11:39 AM
Last Post: Doworkgetbig