Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey fellow curlies :)
08-15-2015, 01:42 PM
Hey fellow curlies :)
I have been following this forum four about 4 years now. I began growing my hair out on January 5th 2012 and have not cut it since. I think I'm firmly entrenched in the long, curly hair lifestyle. :0

That said I wanted to introduce myself and hopefully make some great friends here at Manly Curls.

I started growing my hair from a military style high and tight 4 years ago.

I'm hoping I can get some good advice from people on how to manage and care for my hair as it gets longer. I'm currently at midback length and plan to grow it until it waist level. Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-15-2015, 02:03 PM
RE: Hey fellow curlies :)
Hey welcome to the forum!

There are a lot of curly guys in the forum and the forum started way back in its day with a curly hair area that has lots of discussions there with tons of information. Lots of curly guys are growing their curls long. I have a barbershop and we've been having a lot of curly guys who usually asked for a short haircut now growing their curls long. They always mention reading through that Manly Curls website and the books from the guy who owns that website. I've read his website and it's a great piece of the internet for those of us with curly hair or anyone who wants to know more about men's hair and hairstyles. I have kinky curly hair as explained in his guides but I'm an older guy now so I stick to medium haircuts. I did have an afro a good number of years ago.

One thing that I wanted to say is that this is a different website to Manly Curls. This is a forum dedicated to men's grooming. So we talk about men's hair, shaving, curly hair, hairstyles, growing facial hair and personal grooming. I think that I remember that the Manly Curls website does mention this forum in some of his guides but that website and this forum website that you're on right now are different. Rogelio Samson (I think that's how you spell his name) is the author of Manly Curls and he has posted advice in this forum as a contributor but he doesn't seem to be as active any more on this forum as he used to be in the past. I don't know more about whether he's posting more on this forum or not, probably some of the other senior forum moderators know.

Just saying so that you aren't confused. As far as I know the Manly Curls website does not have a forum. This is a forum that is a website on its own and there are lots of barbers who hang around here posting advice like myself.
08-15-2015, 02:11 PM
RE: Hey fellow curlies :)
In case that you want to talk to other curly guys in the forum, this is the curly hair area of the forum:
http://www.menshairforum.com/talk/Forum-Curly-Hair

Lots of information about curly hair there and you can find some great advice from Rogelio Samson in there too. Some more curly barbers in there and lots of guys growing their curls. Great place to be at if you want to learn about curly men's hair.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Hello from a long red hair and bearded fellow redmenace 1 539 09-29-2015 02:53 AM
Last Post: redmenace
Wink Portuguese fellow! Drokas 4 830 12-09-2013 10:49 AM
Last Post: Drokas