Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey Y'all
02-25-2015, 07:42 PM
Hey Y'all
Hey everybody. I googled "how to train your hair back men" and came across this forum and really impressed with the friendly detailed posts and useful information provided in those posts. I am a 22 year old college student looking to grow my hair out again. I have straight black hair that is VERY stubborn. As y'all can tell from my username I am Asian, so if there are any other Asians in the forum with straight black stubborn hair, or guys with stubborn straight hair that have useful experience HIT ME UP!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-26-2015, 09:02 AM
RE: Hey Y'all
Welcome!

Just one thing: hair cannot be trained. This is a huge myth which is made worse by many hairdressers insisting on being able to train your hair. Your hair is dead tissue and it grows in the direction and shape that your genes claim. The one thing you can do to change the way your hair looks (e.g. from stubborn to easier to style) is to redefine your hairstyling, choose the correct hairstyles for your hair type (check the link) and have a good hair care routine (this need not be complex or time-investing). All of this you can learn in the forum, and we're the biggest men's hair/hairstyles/facial hair resource on the internet, hence you will get answers to your questions here.

You can make your hair work for you and have it styled and shaped as you want, but hair simply cannot be trained. If you want to completely alter its shape, then harsh treatments such as relaxing or permanent straightening are the only ways to get your hair to stay completely different over the long term (albeit only for the hair you've modified, not the new hair growth).

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------