Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey! Wanting to grow Long Hair from Short Hair before age 30
06-24-2015, 11:25 PM
Hey! Wanting to grow Long Hair from Short Hair before age 30
Hi guys, I just joined this forum because I am hoping to grow my hair out to a decent length before I turn 30 (it's on my list, 29 in Oct) I always say I'm going to but then end up shaving all my hair off and going bald again! Really want to accomplish this! So Joined up for support and motivation.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-28-2015, 12:36 PM
Thumbs Up All that you need to grow a long mane of epic locks is patience and determination.
Great to have you here! We have many long haired guy joining the forum and haring tips, advice, trips and motivation. But the most important thing when growing your hair long is patience and determination.

If you're starting from a buzz cut or short hair, do not expect to have your hair long until at least a year's time. Hair grows at about half an inch per month and the minimum hair length for long hair is 6 inches. You can see the different hair lengths for men in the linked guide as it will help you to keep your hair profiled and thus give it the best care that you can.

If you're aiming for a relatively-super long hair length like shoulder length, then that will take you between 18 to 30 months to grow depending on your hair type and your starting hair length. The curlier your hair and the shorter it is at the beginning, the longer it will take you.

Feel free to stat a log over at our Blogging forum section where you document your journey whenever you want and ask for advice and feedback if need be. You'll also be motivating other to grow their hair long, and, once you have long hair, you will immediately feel a "bro" bond with fellow long haired guys as you will all know that it took you determination to have your mane flowing freely on your head! Smile

Lastly, in your own interest to maximize your hair-growth potential, take a look at our detailed hair nutrition and hair supplement discussion where we discuss the nutrients that are essential for an optimal speed of hair growth as well as for strong, thick and healthy hair and hair follicles. Nutrition is the most important part in your quest to having strong long locks of hair in the fastest amount of time.

Welcome again and keep up posted on how your journey goes! I've also upgraded your account so that you can post pictures of your current hair or as you grow your hair longer (of you want to ask questions of certain hairstyles and want to post pictures as reference).

If posting pictures, use a free image hosting site like IMGur as all you simply do is upload your pictures and they're hosted. You don't need to register so you upload your pics in seconds.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Long Hair Male looking for hair care info before shaving locks - Hey xbadgerx 0 112 07-18-2016 02:34 AM
Last Post: xbadgerx
  Newbie Wants Long Hair ImNotSureIfiCanGrow 0 235 12-06-2015 07:46 PM
Last Post: ImNotSureIfiCanGrow
  Long forehead Kasëm 0 275 11-29-2015 07:11 PM
Last Post: Kasëm
Bug Want to grow hair long but have a balding spot, is this baldness? bizoo90 4 664 10-15-2015 02:10 PM
Last Post: Jessie