Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with long thick hair with bangs in front to eyebrow length
05-26-2015, 07:42 PM
Help with long thick hair with bangs in front to eyebrow length
Hi!

I'm Alex, and I live in NYC as a salesperson. I've been struggling with my hair for a while, though... Not sure if this is the right place to post this or not, but I'm in front of clients all day and I can never seem to get my hair right.

I have dark brown hair which is medium-long. I go to a fairly upscale salon here in Manhattan, but even though I show my stylist pictures like (I would link them here, but I don't think I have that privilege), I usually wind up with just a bunch of hair piled on the back of my head.

Maybe I have an oddly shaped head?! Undecided Or my hair is too coarse? Either way, I usually end up with the hair on the sides of my head, in the back (basically directly above the top of my ears), poofing out and sort of looking like a bowl cut. Sometimes I try to combat this by sweeping it up on top of my head, but it still looks to fluffy and just like a helmet of hair. I'm looking to have long hair with bangs in front that go down to my eyebrows, but that doesn't look thick on the sides—even though it's not shaved or significantly shorter, it stays closer to the sides of my head. I'll link a picture when I can.

Is there a certain product I can use? Or something I can say to my stylist?

Any help appreciated!

Thank you!
Alex
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-16-2015, 12:21 PM
RE: Hello! and Help!
(05-26-2015 07:42 PM)needhairhelp Wrote:  But even though I show my stylist pictures.

What does the stylist say?
06-17-2015, 11:04 AM
RE: Help with long thick hair with bangs in front to eyebrow length
He says that I have coarse hair, which can be corrected, but the "treatments" seem fairly expensive, and if there's a simpler route, I'd rather go that way.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  How to shape 2 Step Undercut Hairstyle with thick hair products Ruadhri 0 140 10-24-2016 01:52 PM
Last Post: Ruadhri
  Growing long hair (man bun) with fine hair type Bsrfitness 3 7,756 03-13-2016 02:01 PM
Last Post: Eetu00
  Chronicling my long hair journey jaysen_ 6 1,109 12-28-2015 12:42 AM
Last Post: jaysen_
  Short hair to long Journey shahrukhch1 21 9,351 12-15-2015 03:56 AM
Last Post: Fantast1c