Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help please, No hairstyles work
10-28-2015, 11:12 PM
Help please, No hairstyles work
(I'm new, not a barber sorry if I don't use all correct terms)
I have dry looking medium straight brown hair. I have no visible hair line on any part of my head and the hair on the very top of my head in the front grows straight up like a young kids gelled spike look or a cow-lick esk style. While behind that in the middle of the head the hair grows straight up and doesn't part with product and i have a very hard time finding a medium style haircut thats not a faux hawk which I am way past the age for and not into it. It seems the only style that works is a buzz or a faux hawk, none of which i particularly like.
I have had one or two good haircuts that have parted nice in the front but after several days grew longer and the style no longer worked.
Also when i go for a cut that I try to part normally (left to right) it comes out better going right to left (is this the barbers fault)? has happened with multiple barbers, stylists male and female.
My question is, can i have a barber cut certain sections of hair to be able to create the image of a part or hairstyle or can I only use a simple flat top high and tight.
Or anyone else out there with Elvis hair who found a good style and would like to share id appreciate it.
Also would like to avoid using thick and hard gel unless I can find a barber who can turn my hair into a nice sleek side part which would be a dream come true.
Sorry for the many confusing almost childish questions but I'm tired of going to barbers and asking them to cut what they think works best, I want to learn what to tell them and how to make it work to my body and my look .
I can provide some pictures if necessary, I would of already if I wasn't self conscious about it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  New hairstyle for straight hair - Quiff or long hairstyles? Wayne Baskin 0 173 09-23-2016 09:22 AM
Last Post: Wayne Baskin
  Straight hair with volume product problems to hold hairstyles confused 2 770 10-15-2015 01:14 PM
Last Post: confused
  Short Hairstyles for Men: Straight Hair Pictures, Tips and Ideas TheMensHairForum 2 12,374 05-19-2015 02:41 PM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum
  Hairstyles for straight hair and balding? Vladimir 6 6,526 08-12-2014 12:51 PM
Last Post: justkeeplivin