Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help me please, can't hack this awkward stage
01-15-2017, 04:57 PM
Help me please, can't hack this awkward stage
So I've been growing my hair out for about 5 months so my hair on tops about 5/6 inches and on the sides it's probably 2.5/3 inches. I'm growing it mainly because I was bored of looking like every other guy with an average comb over haircut, and oh my is it going bad. I naturally have wavy hair which is extremely thick which is making me feel like I'm doing everything wrong. I condition most days, shampoo 2 times a week, apply oils and sh**. But my hair is still constantly frizzy and I can't style at the back or the sides. No matter what I do my hair flicks up all over the back of my head. And I know that your proabably thinking just at the bottom but no! It's all over the back of my head. It's so frustrating because I want to let it dry naturally so it's not a frizzy, dry or damaged but that means I get these flicks all over the back of my head which I hate. Plus my hair isn't growing so it falls downwards, it's growing outwards all over the place. Please if anyone has ever had a similar problem to me can you help?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-15-2017, 08:12 PM
RE: Help me please, can't hack this awkward stage
It's the awkward stage dude. You can add hair butter, hair cream, or even mouse to tame your hair. You'll have to just accept that it's going to take a long time to grow your hair and it isn't going to look good for a while . Wear hats, bandanas, hair bands,ect... But after a few more months, it'll start laying down more and you'll feel better about it. Good luck.
06-14-2017, 11:32 PM
RE: Help me please, can't hack this awkward stage
(01-15-2017 04:57 PM)SoImTryingItOut Wrote:  So I've been growing my hair out for about 5 months so my hair on tops about 5/6 inches and on the sides it's probably 2.5/3 inches. I'm growing it mainly because I was bored of looking like every other guy with an average comb over haircut, and oh my is it going bad. I naturally have wavy hair which is extremely thick which is making me feel like I'm doing everything wrong. I condition most days, shampoo 2 times a week, apply oils and sh**. But my hair is still constantly frizzy and I can't style at the back or the sides. No matter what I do my hair flicks up all over the back of my head. And I know that your proabably thinking just at the bottom but no! It's all over the back of my head. It's so frustrating because I want to let it dry naturally so it's not a frizzy, dry or damaged but that means I get these flicks all over the back of my head which I hate. Plus my hair isn't growing so it falls downwards, it's growing outwards all over the place. Please if anyone has ever had a similar problem to me can you help?

Don't sweat it so much man, it's called the dreaded awkward stage for a reason. It is horrible, and it's uncomfortable, and no matter what you do, those "good hair days" seem like a myth. Keep trying different techniques, products, and routines. If you think you've found one that works, keep trying others, chances are you can always fine tune.

The process is a long one for sure, and while you aren't exactly at the end of the tunnel, getting rid of your progress at this point would be a shame. Implement the 2 week rule. Promise yourself that you will only cut your hair if you go 2 weeks straight wanting to cut your hair every single day. If at any point you decide that you're happy you decided to stick it out, the 2 weeks starts again. In the grand scheme of things, 2 weeks is nothing, but it will make sure you avoid a spur of the moment decision that will get rid of months of work.

Hang in there bud! You're not alone with the torment of the awkward stage. We're currently working on a big awkward stage guide so hopefully that will be a good resource for you when it gets released Smile
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Road To Man Bun Awkward Phase CallmeSora 2 2,093 06-08-2016 05:58 PM
Last Post: Joelsweet
  Fine Wavy Hair Awkward Stage Control yanr87 0 1,039 01-05-2016 05:02 PM
Last Post: yanr87
  How to control wavy hair flat or slicked during awkward stage WesleyGarrett 7 4,524 12-30-2015 07:56 PM
Last Post: LongHairForMen
  Awkward stage medium hair al_ashfaaq 6 2,433 11-04-2015 11:47 AM
Last Post: al_ashfaaq