Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help identify my hair for a new hairstyle
10-17-2016, 05:10 PM
Help identify my hair for a new hairstyle
Hi Guys, I am trying to try a new hairstyle but I think the first step is to identify my own hair texture and use the right stuff to achieve my goal.

So, here is my goal (It is kind of a sided undercut):
nextluxury.com/wp-content/uploads/classy-dapper-mens-short-medium-undercut-haircut-with-beard.jpg

Now to the problem. I cannot identify what type of hair I have. I would guess it is Thick, Dry and Wavy Confused.
Some pictures here (I know I hate it):
i.snag.gy/KcCEap.jpg
i.snag.gy/hNiC94.jpg
i.snag.gy/LmQrBd.jpg

So the problems I am obviously facing is that my current hair is not easy to handle, it is not moisturized as it seems undercuts must be and it is not straight.

Some of the measures I was thinking to do to make changes happen are:
1. Apply coconut oil before sleep. (should I just shampoo wash it or what though?)
2. Don't use shampoo everyday. (so then how the hell do I remove the oil?)
3. Get a good leave-in conditioner for moisture.

Anyways, I am new at this so any advice would be awesome.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-18-2016, 07:55 AM
RE: Help identify my hair for a new hairstyle
ok try this,

1-if you don't wash every day that's good but keep in mind that short hair requires more frequent wash then long. what you should do on your off days is use the sebum from your scalp and spread it through your hair. this should help keep them moisturized.

2- your first link shows many guys with wavy/coiled hair so if your hair isn't straight out shouldn't be a problem. I'd add that, yes you can straighten them but the result won't be better and it's more work then going natural

3- coconut oil! I've heard that you apply this stuff on your hair, let it sit for 30 minutes or so and then shampoo. if you really like coconut oil, Mark Nathan makes a coconut shampoo/conditioner/deep conditioner/leave in Conditioner line with no sulfate that I quite like maybe you would too.

lastly for your hair type, you need a bit more length to find that out. when you get 4-6 inches of extended length we can easily find that out. At this point I would think you should focus on growing it out, keeping it moisturized and getting the hang of the sebum method. if you're up for a good read pick up the men's hair book on amazon. digital copy is like 7$.

p. s: in every single picture from your post the guys have product in their hair and many are rocking hairstyles that would never last the whole day in that position. models often have Mickey mouse hairstyles that only work if you style it and take your picture now.

good luck.
10-18-2016, 09:34 AM
RE: Help identify my hair for a new hairstyle
(10-18-2016 07:55 AM)r3dzzz Wrote:  ok try this,

1-if you don't wash every day that's good but keep in mind that short hair requires more frequent wash then long. what you should do on your off days is use the sebum from your scalp and spread it through your hair. this should help keep them moisturized.

2- your first link shows many guys with wavy/coiled hair so if your hair isn't straight out shouldn't be a problem. I'd add that, yes you can straighten them but the result won't be better and it's more work then going natural

3- coconut oil! I've heard that you apply this stuff on your hair, let it sit for 30 minutes or so and then shampoo. if you really like coconut oil, Mark Nathan makes a coconut shampoo/conditioner/deep conditioner/leave in Conditioner line with no sulfate that I quite like maybe you would too.

lastly for your hair type, you need a bit more length to find that out. when you get 4-6 inches of extended length we can easily find that out. At this point I would think you should focus on growing it out, keeping it moisturized and getting the hang of the sebum method. if you're up for a good read pick up the men's hair book on amazon. digital copy is like 7$.

p. s: in every single picture from your post the guys have product in their hair and many are rocking hairstyles that would never last the whole day in that position. models often have Mickey mouse hairstyles that only work if you style it and take your picture now.

good luck.

Thanks for your response. I'll do as you suggest for now and try to take care of my hair then I'll post some more pictures and see where to go from there.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  What hairstyle suits best! hadiawan 0 77 12-01-2016 12:45 AM
Last Post: hadiawan
  Medium slickback hairstyle Gias98 0 290 10-20-2016 12:50 PM
Last Post: Gias98
  Long hair side shaved grow to man bun hairstyle or top knot? darkguy2 3 314 10-17-2016 08:44 AM
Last Post: r3dzzz
  Frohawk hairstyle and haircut: How to, Pictures TheMensHairForum 10 21,010 10-10-2016 08:45 AM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum