Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help & advice needed - Laser treatment and hair loss treatments 0 0
Help & advice needed - Laser treatment and hair loss treatments
10-01-2018, 07:22 AM
Help & advice needed - Laser treatment and hair loss treatments
Hi everyone. I am new to this forum & need help & advice.
I am 40 years old & suffering from hair loss particularly from the front part of my head. (forehead & upwards).
I have had this problem for the past few years. Before that I had hair which were nice strong & thick. As more hair have started to fall out I became worried & at the advice of a friend decided to try a couple of products from a place called Neetas Herbal. The products consisted of a henna shampoo (which was quite expensive) and tan ointment (an ointment which I was told to mix a little amount with a few drops of water & apply on my scalp once daily. At first these products seem to help but for the past few months it seems these products are just not working & my hair loss problem has gone alot worse. After I take a shower & comb my hair alot of hair comes out on the comb (which I've never had a few years ago). Even though I comb my hair gently & with a comb instead of a brush (As I've been told a comb is more gentle than a brush particularly with wet hair) the problem is getting worse by the day. I only shower my hair every other day rather than daily.
Over the last 18 months my scalp feels so itchy & even after washing my hair they go greasy straight away. Is this normal??
I've been told laser treatment is effective at stimulating hair follicles & regrowing hair. Can anyone shed any light on this?
With my above mentioned problem can anyone please give me advice on what to do or which products to try or can anyone recommend any treatment they have had which has shown results. Any help & advice would be gladly appreciated as my hair loss has started to affect my confidence greatly.. 
Thanks to everyone for your replies, help & advice
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-03-2018, 11:10 AM
Minoxidil combined with finasteride is the best option for your hair loss.
Welcome to the forum. Let's get straight to the point: you're suffering from typical male pattern baldness (MPB). This means that there are only a few options that'll help:
  • Minoxidil: it works on most males, especially for someone like you who's in the early ages of male pattern baldness. Most poular brand is Rogaine and you can get it HERE. Try to get at least 6 months of Rogaine/minoxidil, as it takes at least 6 months for the effects to show. Apply to the areas of the head which are balding.
  • Finasteride: you need a prescription for this. Take as intended (tablet). Finasteride is also known as Propecia (brand). Before using finasteride, take a blood test looking for your basal testosterone and DHT levels.
  • Stimulating shampoos: ketoconazole shows promise and is a good product to use along with monixidil. Get this one and use as intended. There are other types of shampoos that can help, but start with the one in the link as it's one that'll add up to your efforts.
Laser treatment and the likes should be your last options as these are questionable treatments.

Minoxidil is the option for you right now, so don't delay it as minoxidil works best in the early stages of MPB as yours is. Add finasteride if desired. Get the shampoo recommended above and you're rock solid. Use this combo for 6 months and then report on your progress.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Will this cause hair loss? Ebscharoun 1 166 09-14-2018 11:19 AM
Last Post: Panther
  Hair Loss Products for Men OTC TheMensHairForum 36 44,089 05-29-2018 11:21 AM
Last Post: noblokeaboutit
  Hair loss from tying hair back? kieranhindley 3 648 03-05-2018 05:25 AM
Last Post: gwapo
  Hair loss or just me? Jaunty 1 609 01-22-2018 05:26 AM
Last Post: AntonioJoe