Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help Determining Hair Type and with Growing Hair Out
08-12-2016, 06:02 PM (This post was last modified: 08-12-2016 06:07 PM by seanpaulsartre.)
Help Determining Hair Type and with Growing Hair Out
Hello, my name is Nick. Recently, I've decided to start growing out my hair, hoping I can grow it out long and to my shoulders possibly, or try the man-bun style. At this point, I believe I have about medium length hair, the sides are around 2 inches, while the front is presumably around 3-4 and the back is around 2-3.

My hair has always been a little peculiar, because it's incredibly thick and dense, as well as being pretty dry and stiff (If I shake my head around, it hardly moves, and if I try to style it without using water or gel of some sort, it will more or less snap back into place.)

I've never tried growing it out and I'm not sure what my hair type is. I believe it may be wavy, but men with wavy hair seem to have certain characteristics that don't match mine. I might be somewhere in-between coily and wavy?

I've attached a few pictures so you can see what my hair looks like naturally at its current length.

I was wondering if anybody could provide me some insight as to my hair type and how my hair might look when it's long. I'm hoping it will eventually start to fall, but some of my friends believe it may just begin to look sorta fro-y, and others think it will just keep growing outwards and not fall down. At what length does hair usually start to fall, especially if it's as dry and thick as mine, and when do you think my hair will begin to fall, if at all?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  How to get straight hair from curly hair for men - Options Itsmelook 37 81,702 10-03-2016 08:50 AM
Last Post: The Hairstylist
  Haircut to turn curly hair into wavy hair? PinkChili 0 118 10-02-2016 03:57 AM
Last Post: PinkChili
Exclamation How do I make this type of hair shine? DimaCeta 2 806 09-25-2016 02:06 PM
Last Post: RR0907
  What would you call my hair type? watami 1 154 09-25-2016 02:03 PM
Last Post: RR0907