Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help Choosing A New Hairstyle For Straight Thick Asian Hair 0 0
Help Choosing A New Hairstyle For Straight Thick Asian Hair
09-12-2018, 01:16 PM
Help Choosing A New Hairstyle For Straight Thick Asian Hair
Hi,

A little about myself. I have straight, thick, sometimes a bit oily, Asian hair. I can shape my hair in various ways with the right tools whether it be gel or pomade or whatever. My routine in the morning involves just wetting my hair a little and using pomade or some American Crew or if I feel lazy some coconut oil.

Recently I have been getting fed up with my hair cause the way I keep it the hair looks flat in one area and puffy in the other or overall very mismanaged. I usually get an undercut has at the barber. Shaving the sides to a 2 or very short and trimming the top a little bit. I've included some photos below.

Any help or styles would be appreciated! I love having my hair in the middle a bit long for bangs if i wanna lazy it out or for general styling purposes. I would prefer a hairstyle that lets me have shaved/short sides and a bit long in the center. When i'm lazy I'll just shake my head and the hair falls down similar to the last image, when I wanna style it with gel it looks like the other two. The second image shows why I don't like it at times, it sticks to that curved form and nothing I can do to it while i'm outside/at work. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated!

Thank you :)

[Image: Lv7vu4K.jpeg]
[Image: 8g8BXdI.jpeg]
[Image: Qrgw9Q7.jpeg]
[Image: M16jAQF.jpeg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-13-2018, 12:36 PM
RE: Help Choosing A New Hairstyle For Straight Thick Asian Hair
You're a great candidate for the slicked back hairstyle, especially since you're so fond of the undercut. With such a hairstyle (see our slicked back undercut guide) you can also change to other swept hairstyles like the side swept. And since your hair seems to be borderline long already, you could also get a top knot in a couple off months if you leave the hair on the top untrimmed.

Hey and don't forget that you can always leave the hair down with bangs or as a middle parted hairstyle in similar vein to what you're sporting in your pictures.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Hairstyle advice for Oblong face bardeeshoo 2 66 Today 10:02 AM
Last Post: Panther
  Straight hair with oval shape face - Need a new hairstyle! Klukinchikendo 4 89 Today 09:50 AM
Lightbulb Military Hair Styles and Haircuts - Epic 25 Hairstyle Ideas Panther 1 23 Today 09:43 AM
  Fade Haircut or Undercut Hairstyle for Professional Look? jon69 3 1,270 09-10-2018 12:04 PM