Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello from NC! In need of some advice...
04-08-2014, 01:45 PM
Hello from NC! In need of some advice...
Hello! My name is John and I'm from North Carolina. I'm currently a freshman in college but am a commuter student until the fall semester and want to get the hairstyle I want to work out. It's I guess called the Marco Reus hairstyle where it's pushed over but still spiky and it's short on the sides.

I have very straight blonde hair and my barber was able to cut it a few weeks ago and he did a very good job but I can't figure out how to style it.

When he styled it he did as follows:

1) Wet hair and comb it the direction you want.
2) Apply wax stick to go against how you combed it.
3) After applying the wax then push it back the way you combed it.
4) Push against some of the hairs to get it spiky.

I for some reason can't get it to work. After applying the wax stick (TIGI Bed Head wax stick) it becomes impossible to move around. I have to use a wide-tooth comb to even make it look presentable. The top hair seems to like to clump together instead of, I don't know how to put it, acting independently like it did for my barber. Even the cosmetologist who I saw the next day for highlights (I'm a natural dirty blonde but get highlights to add texture) used her own method and got the same look.

So all in all I'm just very frustrated with my hair. I really want it to work out but after i apply the wax it just gets all bunchy, I've even tried the wax after blow-drying it and it still bunches up. Any help would be fantastic because it doesn't look like how I want it to, close, but my hair just bunches up to much forcing me to comb it over and kind of scoop it up to make it spiky which doesn't look as good to me.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 02:46 PM (This post was last modified: 04-08-2014 02:50 PM by shane88.)
RE: Hello from NC! In need of some advice...
(04-08-2014 01:45 PM)jnoobs31 Wrote:  Hello! My name is John and I'm from North Carolina. I'm currently a freshman in college but am a commuter student until the fall semester and want to get the hairstyle I want to work out. It's I guess called the Marco Reus hairstyle where it's pushed over but still spiky and it's short on the sides.

I have very straight blonde hair and my barber was able to cut it a few weeks ago and he did a very good job but I can't figure out how to style it.

When he styled it he did as follows:

1) Wet hair and comb it the direction you want.
2) Apply wax stick to go against how you combed it.
3) After applying the wax then push it back the way you combed it.
4) Push against some of the hairs to get it spiky.

I for some reason can't get it to work. After applying the wax stick (TIGI Bed Head wax stick) it becomes impossible to move around. I have to use a wide-tooth comb to even make it look presentable. The top hair seems to like to clump together instead of, I don't know how to put it, acting independently like it did for my barber. Even the cosmetologist who I saw the next day for highlights (I'm a natural dirty blonde but get highlights to add texture) used her own method and got the same look.

So all in all I'm just very frustrated with my hair. I really want it to work out but after i apply the wax it just gets all bunchy, I've even tried the wax after blow-drying it and it still bunches up. Any help would be fantastic because it doesn't look like how I want it to, close, but my hair just bunches up to much forcing me to comb it over and kind of scoop it up to make it spiky which doesn't look as good to me.

Hello
Jnoobs

That's a great hairstyle to have, we have some pictures of Marco Reus the Borussia Dortmund player in the celebrity hairstyle page, infact I actually did the thread for him, I'm a big fan of him and his hairstyle is one of my favourite hairstyles

Yeah I understand it can be frustrating and annoying, I have the Fabio Coentrao hairstyle which can annoying to style if done incorrectly

The method what you mention is the bes way to style it, my piece of advice would be to slightly damp your hair, but not a lot though as the wax will just sit on your hair instead, a tip as well would be to (if your willing too) straighten the length on top of your hair to the direction you want it going, probably make it easier to style as well, I think you may be using too much wax thus why it goes clumpy, you only need a pea size then a little more to touch it up

If you can post some pictures up be even better, we can see visually what u need assist on

Good Luck
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Looking for curly hair barnet advice - Hi Based1 1 472 10-04-2015 08:04 AM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum
Wink Olivier Giroud and Macklemore haircut advice - Hi from Italy Dicuuu 6 1,190 07-07-2015 02:07 AM
Last Post: Dicuuu
  Long hair guy advice and knowledge to grow a longer mane!! Mane Man 4 883 07-05-2015 03:52 PM
Last Post: TheLonghair701
  Hey, looking for some hair advice and hairstyle ideas! SPADtrap 2 872 04-26-2015 10:11 PM
Last Post: rodolf094