Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello and help!
05-10-2014, 05:56 AM
Photo Hello and help!
Hello from an Aussie newbie, what a fantastic resource you have on this site, I've spent a good few hours reading already.

So, as per title I'm looking for some help/advice. I'm mid 40s and have probably had the same hair cut for the past 20 years, which was basically a DIY buzz cut set on #2. It had it's advantages, i.e. no cost & easy to maintain, but I don't think it suits me now and I want some style for a change.

I've been growing my hair out for past 6-9 months now and have felt like buzzing it all off again on a number of occasions. It grows quite thick & fast, so ideally I should go every couple of weeks, otherwise it just sticks out and is 'fluffy' at the sides.

Looking round the site I quite like the Ivy League (btw is it called that outside of the US too?), but don't know how to get there without looking a mess along the way. At the moment I just ask for a #3 at back and sides & leave it long on top, cos I don't really know what to ask for, which I don't think is helping matters. Main thing is I don't really want to loose the length on top, now I've got some.

Finally, my hair can be a bit 'heavy' I suppose the word is - what product would be ideal that doesn't make it look greasy?

Yours in anticipation,
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------