Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello all
11-10-2014, 04:43 PM
Hello all
I am a 26 year old male. I just moved to LA. I am a total hair noob and I am glad that I found this forum.
I hope people here can help me through my questions.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-10-2014, 07:25 PM
RE: Hello all
My first question is something very basic. It is about shampoos.

I have tried a number of shampoos and none of them seem to work for my scalp/hair. I might either have dandruff/dry scalp (don't know which). I presumed that it was dandruff and I have tried many anti-dandruff shampoos. I read that dandruff is caused because of fungus in everyone's head and the best way to treat it is to shampoo quite often. I experimented with shampooing every other day for a month. On most of day 1, I don't see signs of dandruff. However, I start noticing them on my scalp at night and on day 2, I see more of it. My scalp also starts itching slightly on day 2, especially when I try to do some physically strenuous activity.

Since experimenting over a month did not give any good results, I thought it might be dry scalp and I stopped washing my hair regularly in hopes that I don't wash out the oils secreted by my scalp. I resorted to washing my hair every 3-4 days as opposed to every other day. Days 1 and 2 proceed as mentioned above. But on days 3 and 4 the itching increases and I see more flakes/dandruff on my scalp and hair. By the end of the 4th day, the itching goes bad that I wash my hair again on the 5th day.

So, what do I do? I notice that my scalp and hair does go dry. So, is it dandruff or dry scalp?
Am I using the wrong shampoo? If so, can you suggest some soothing moisturizing shampoo? Preferably something that comes in small quantities so that I can experiment more often.

Let me also mention that I do use a moisturizing conditioner after I wash my hair. I am currently using Dove.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------