Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Head and Shoulders review: Citrus Breeze Dandruff Shampoo
10-28-2014, 12:06 PM
Head and Shoulders review: Citrus Breeze Dandruff Shampoo
I am posting a Head and Shoulders review. This is of their product Citrus Breeze Dandruff Shampoo. This is the typical anti dandruff shampoo that cleans and controls the dandruff while giving a refreshing feeling. The citrus extract used does also enhance the regular formula of the Head and Shoulders shampoos.

The Head & Shoulders Dandruff Shampoo Citrus Breeze is a dandruff shampoo in the Hydrazinc Formula product line. Head & Shoulders has been one of the best known dandruff shampoos for many years. I have used their products off and on in the past for "dandruff emergencies." In the distant past, the typically blue shampoo seemed harsher on the hair than the new formulas. The old Head & Shoulders shampoo left hair free of dandruff for a while, but it also left hair dull and lifeless.

The Head and Shoulders Citrus Breeze Dandruff Shampoo is one of ten Head & Shoulders Hydrazinc shampoos. This is a mild scented shampoo containing pyrithione zinc --an ingredient which is used to control mild cases of dandruff. Intended for frequent use, Head & Shoulders Clinical Strength Shampoo is supposed to be gentle on the hair.

The formula contains plant extracts including lemon fruit extract, an extract broadly used in beneficial skin treatments and other products. Lemon fruit extract is said to be good for controlling dandruff, and for use on acne, abscesses, fungal infections, insect bites, and other skin ailments. Even when used topically, it is supposed to be soothing and healing.

Head & Shoulders Citrus Breeze formula does make the hair feel softer for a while. However, I've never noticed my hair being shinier or glossier after use of this product.

This formula of Head & Shoulders does work well at controlling mild cases of dandruff. However, it left my hair limp and lifeless and at the end of the day. As with any shampoo, results will differ from person to person as we all have different hair types.

What I like about Head and Shoulders Citrus Breeze Formula:

It does help control mild cases of dandruff.

It has a mild scent.

It does not appear to be overly harsh on the hair.

What I don't like about Head & Shoulders Citrus Breeze Formula:

My hair feels limp and slightly greasy at the end of the day after using this shampoo.

The scent, though mild, could be better. It still smells medicinal.

This shampoo is not cruelty free.

Final Comments about this product:

I would recommend the Citrus Breeze formula for those of you with mild to serious issues of dandruff and for a long term dandruff shampoo and regular shampoo. It is a bit drying as with most dandruff shampoos, so make sure that you use a good conditioner right after the Citrus Breeze dandruff shampoo. If you want to further control your dandruff, then use a conditioner with tea tree oil!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-28-2014, 12:47 PM
RE: Head and Shoulders review: Citrus Breeze Dandruff Shampoo
I have a question about a dandruff shampoo and cornrows. I have seen you post some great info on cornrows in the other natural hair section of the forum and now with this dandruff shampoo review, I think you would be the one to know the answer for this. Sorry for going a bit off topic but even I think this head and shoulders shampoo would be applicable to this situation.
So the topic in my mind is that I have heard that dandruff shampoos are the best type of shampoos for cornrows. I don't have cornrows but know some guys who swear by this. What do you think?

Cornrows are itchy as hell too especially at the beginning so would the itching relief from these shampoos transfer to the itching from cornrows? Ty
12-28-2014, 12:52 PM
RE: Head and Shoulders review: Citrus Breeze Dandruff Shampoo
Glad it worked for the dandruff part. I've been using the stuff for a while but haven't really seen any success.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Good shampoo for damaged hair and healthy straightened curls? red05five 0 52 11-20-2016 01:56 PM
Last Post: red05five
Thumbs Up Andis BGR Plus cordless rechargeable clipper review - Epic! Curly Dude 2 2,051 07-14-2016 05:22 PM
Last Post: djbumrush
  Which anti-dandruff shampoo is best for volume? Dansercoer 0 285 03-30-2016 06:41 PM
Last Post: Dansercoer
  Thickening Shampoo for Oily Hair waystinthyme 0 270 03-25-2016 07:50 PM
Last Post: waystinthyme