Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Head & Shoulders anti-dandruff shampoo not working
09-23-2015, 12:29 AM
Head & Shoulders anti-dandruff shampoo not working
I am a 29 year old male with grade 2 (short) hair.

I wash my hair with Head & Shoulders 2-in-1 anti-dandruff shampoo twice (I keep the first application on my head for 5 minutes whilst I wash my body) when I shower.

There are never any visible white parts on my hair but if I slide my hand through my hair, it's like a lot of "dust" falls.

Any suggestions?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-23-2015, 09:30 AM
The best dandruff solution is to use the H & S shampoo with a coal tar shampoo.
So long as the dust-like particles aren't causing any aesthetic issues, you will be fine. The Head & Shoulders shampoo is a good one to treat regular dandruff, but, if you happen to suffer from heavy dandruff (whether it is at times or permanently), you may want to look into the other types of anti dandruff shampoos for men as I've covered in the linked post.

Usually the trick is to keep using the H & S shampoo when you're happy with the lack of dandruff while you'd be using the stronger anti dandruff shampoo (any of them) when the dandruff gets a little bit heavier for your regular use of the Head & Shoulders anti dandruff shampoo.

Be aware that these dust-like particles could also result from product buildup, which tends to be the case of hair wax, hair gel and pomade. These products will leave some residue on your hair (if you use them daily) that will break off into tiny fragments which will then shoot off the hair when you run your hand through your hair. In fact, product buildup (i.e. residue) from hair gel or hair wax can easily be mistaken for dandruff and it's usually the cause for people complaining that their "dandruff" (i.e. product buildup) cannot be fixed when in reality they should be using a clarifying shampoo every two weeks as per this list of men's shampoos which explains the types of shampoos for men (from regular shampoos to clarifying shampoos to anti dandruff shampoos!).

With the above said, I think that you may have a heavier case of dandruff which would do best with using the coal-tar anti dandruff shampoo in the linked thread above twice a week (while using the Head & Shoulders shampoo on the rest of the days that you shampoo your hair).

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Which anti-dandruff shampoo is best for volume? Dansercoer 0 262 03-30-2016 06:41 PM
Last Post: Dansercoer
  Thickening Shampoo for Oily Hair waystinthyme 0 248 03-25-2016 07:50 PM
Last Post: waystinthyme
  Bed Head Mega Whip replacement? jdubbs 0 555 12-22-2015 01:56 PM
Last Post: jdubbs
  Anti sweat product? fansy 1 479 10-15-2015 02:02 PM
Last Post: Jessie