Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Having issue maintaing straight hair with Brazilian blowout 0 0
Having issue maintaing straight hair with Brazilian blowout
08-27-2018, 10:02 PM
Having issue maintaing straight hair with Brazilian blowout
Hello !!

So today i am going for a brazilian blowout (keratin treatment) to get my hair straight. My hair are wavy and about 6 inch long.

There are a few things that i want to ask for maintaing the straight hair once i get treated.

1) I fear that while twisting and turning when i am asleep, a portion of my hair might get twisted and when my head is on top of that portion for as long as i sleep ( 6 to 8 hrs ) This would definitely curl the straightened hair again.

2) Another issue is that i jogg and gym for around 2 hours daily. So i get all sweaty and my treated hair will be badly affected by this sweat. What should i do ?

3) I know that you might recommend wearing caps but the hair on the back of my head touch the bottom of my neck, so by placing them inside the cap i would have to twist them and force them in which will again disturb the straightening.

4) If i tie my hair or use a hair band, they would only be helpful for the top hair. What should i do about the hair on the back of my head ?

Please help.
Thanks !!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-28-2018, 01:05 PM
RE: Having issue maintaing straight hair with Brazilian blowout
(08-27-2018 10:02 PM)shazil Wrote:  1) I fear that while twisting and turning when i am asleep, a portion of my hair might get twisted and when my head is on top of that portion for as long as i sleep ( 6 to 8 hrs ) This would definitely curl the straightened hair again.

It will not only curl it but it will also tangle it. If you don't want to wear a cap, then use a hair conditioner on your hair if you shower at night. The conditioner will keep the hair strands lubricated and thus avoid tangling. Remember that hair conditioners are meant to be rinsed out in the shower so don't go to bed with the conditioner on your hair.

To buy a good hair conditioner, see this linked list of recommended men's hair products.

Quote:2) Another issue is that i jogg and gym for around 2 hours daily. So i get all sweaty and my treated hair will be badly affected by this sweat. What should i do ?

Coat your hair with a leave-in conditioner and then use a head band to pull the hair back. It's the hair on the forelock that gets the most sweat so by using a headband you will get that out of the way.

Get the headbands posted in this hair accessories guide (browse down for the links).

For a good leave-in conditioner, see this post with recommended leave-in conditioners for men's hair.

Quote:3) I know that you might recommend wearing caps but the hair on the back of my head touch the bottom of my neck, so by placing them inside the cap i would have to twist them and force them in which will again disturb the straightening.

Do the hair conditioner trick above. Also, try to braid or at least tie the hair on the back of the head. The braid should be loose and not tight as otherwise the hair will curl in a wavy pattern.

Quote:4) If i tie my hair or use a hair band, they would only be helpful for the top hair. What should i do about the hair on the back of my head ?

Tie it as mentioned above. Also, use the trick from The Men's Hair Book and buy silk liners for your pillows. Silk is much smoother than other fabrics and helps avoid the tangling and matting of the hair.

Oldschool barber getting it on with the internet era.
09-03-2018, 12:33 PM
Thanks...
So the stylist said not to have even the slightest drop of water or sweat in the hair,for the next few days. But i cant help it.
The hair coverering my neck makes it sweaty.
Cant tie as stylist has prevented me to do so.
What should i do ?
09-10-2018, 12:25 PM
Your stylist is right in that you should avoid water for now but you can tie the hair on the back of the head. This is even more important if you're worried about the hair tangling, as loose hair when sleeping is a recipe for tangled hair even when it is straightened artificially.
09-11-2018, 02:55 AM
RE: Having issue maintaing straight hair with keratin treatment
(09-10-2018 12:25 PM)Panther Wrote:  Your stylist is right in that you should avoid water for now but you can tie the hair on the back of the head. This is even more important if you're worried about the hair tangling, as loose hair when sleeping is a recipe for tangled hair even when it is straightened artificially.

Thanks.
Can you people name some affordable and effective shampoo and conditioners to use after keratin treatment.
I live in Pakistan. Please mention the products that would be easily available in stores here or would be cheaply available online.
Thanks !!
09-11-2018, 12:34 PM
(09-11-2018 02:55 AM)shazil Wrote:  Thanks.
Can you people name some affordable and effective shampoo and conditioners to use after keratin treatment.
I live in Pakistan. Please mention the products that would be easily available in stores here or would be cheaply available online.
Thanks !!

Any shampoo and conditioner from the big brands. What big brands do you have there or what brands of shampoos and conditioners do you have in Pakistan?

L'Oreal has some decent shampoos for straightened hair and I'm sure you're bound to find this brand in Pakistan since L'Oreal is a huge international brand conglomerate.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Curly to straight Wavesbro 1 1,078 04-12-2016 07:18 PM
Last Post: Wavesbro
  Curly and straight thick medium hair with frizzy tips? tom6195 0 868 02-02-2016 03:36 AM
Last Post: tom6195
Big Grin How to help my straight hair to go curly or wavy Fretese 0 832 12-21-2015 11:21 PM
Last Post: Fretese
  Straight to curly LuciousCookie216 0 866 10-22-2015 09:53 PM
Last Post: LuciousCookie216