Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hard time growing facial hair and moustache - Pathetic beard 0 0
Hard time growing facial hair and moustache - Pathetic beard
07-28-2016, 05:47 PM
Hard time growing facial hair and moustache - Pathetic beard
Hey!
I'm suffering from a very bad case of "pathetic beard" and figured you experts could help me out. This is my first time posting anything on this website so excuse me for any mistakes.
So, my problem is that I have a hard time growing a moustache and growing hair on my cheeks.
I guess I have a "neckbeard" and the pedostache sure isn't helping. However, I have noticed new bits of hair popping up every now and then if that helps. Sad

- Are there any magical products that work or should I just give up and look like a baby for the rest of my life?
- Will my beard continue to develop? I'm 19 years old at the moment.
- Any other tips when it comes to growing a decent beard?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-26-2017, 09:38 AM
RE: Hard time growing facial hair and moustache - Pathetic beard
(07-28-2016 05:47 PM)SadBeardGuy Wrote:  Hey!
I'm suffering from a very bad case of "pathetic beard" and figured you experts could help me out. This is my first time posting anything on this website so excuse me for any mistakes.
So, my problem is that I have a hard time growing a moustache and growing hair on my cheeks.
I guess I have a "neckbeard" and the pedostache sure isn't helping. However, I have noticed new bits of hair popping up every now and then if that helps. Sad

- Are there any magical products that work or should I just give up and look like a baby for the rest of my life?

I'm also in the same boat pal.
I've been trying to grow it since college.

Its really thick in places but there are a 2 patched either side of the chin that are impossible.
I had read about hair restoration on beards in the Daily Mail or somewhere where guys are getting hair transplants done to replace poor facial hair. Weird right??

I also had a look at some of the places doing beard transplants.
Wondering if anyone has has any knowledge or experience on this??

What do I need to watch out for and is it recommended??

Thanks.
06-18-2017, 11:30 AM
Magical products do not exist. In my opinion, you have two options: Wait or give Minox 5% a try.

P.S : You guys need to know that applying Minox on your beard might bring undesired side effects. If having a beard is that important, go ahead and try it.. otherwise let it go.
06-20-2017, 08:35 PM
(07-28-2016 05:47 PM)SadBeardGuy Wrote:  Hey!

How long have you left it untouched? It's recommended that you go about 3 months before you truly see what you're working with. Mine grows patchy to start but eventually evens out to a full beard after a bit of time.
11-28-2018, 03:53 AM
I'm having the same problem. I use Minoxidil 5% for a hair loss problem and it works very well, but unfortunately it does not have the same effect on my beard. My barber said that because the skin is different and the blood vessels are deeper I should keep the 5% for hair and use a 10% concentration for the beard.

Has anyone done this? Can you suggest products (brands) that worked for you? Preferably something sold in Europe because of customs restrictions and taxes.

Thank you.
11-30-2018, 01:58 PM
5% minoxidil can deliver promising results for beard thickening & facial hair growth.
(11-28-2018 03:53 AM)Il_Cavalieri Wrote:  I'm having the same problem. I use Minoxidil 5% for a hair loss problem and it works very well, but unfortunately it does not have the same effect on my beard. My barber said that because the skin is different and the blood vessels are deeper I should keep the 5% for hair and use a 10% concentration for the beard.

Has anyone done this? Can you suggest products (brands) that worked for you? Preferably something sold in Europe because of customs restrictions and taxes.

Thank you.

Most (if not all) products containing minoxidil do so with a 2-5% concentration and regardless of carrier. Just use 5% minoxidil (e.g. Regaine as in the UK if you're based in this country or nearby) and patch your beard with it twice a day (morning and noon). The most important thing here is to leave the minoxidil application on your face for at least 4 hours; that means not washing your face or sweating. Twice per day application is important for best absorbance.

The follicles on your face, if anything, have an easier time absorbing the minoxidil than scalp follicles. This also means that applying a minoxidil-based product may cause some initial skin irritation, so it's best to avoid sun exposure for the first couple of weeks.

See this list of minoxidil products with their respective sellers. Buying from outside the EU isn't a problem with products like these (i.e. minoxidil based) since they're cheap and the US tends to have a much wider range of products available to conveniently buy online.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
12-05-2018, 12:41 PM
(11-28-2018 03:53 AM)Il_Cavalieri Wrote:  I'm having the same problem. I use Minoxidil 5% for a hair loss problem and it works very well, but unfortunately it does not have the same effect on my beard. My barber said that because the skin is different and the blood vessels are deeper I should keep the 5% for hair and use a 10% concentration for the beard.

Thank you.

Like it was posted above by themenshairforum, minoxidil comes as a 5% concentration usually. You may be confused with trioxidil which comes in the product Foligain. Trioxidil is a marketing name for a blend of stuff that can potentially affect your beard growth for the worse. Foligain is marketed as having dht blocking effects and you do not want that for beard growth.

Stick to minoxidil 5% like Rogaine as mentioned by themenshairforum in his reply above.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Lightbulb Best products for thicker beard growth and fuller facial hair Mane Man 2 45 12-07-2018 01:00 PM
Last Post: Panther
Video Facial Hair and Beard Color Ideas - Merman Gallery Guide Panther 5 248 12-07-2018 11:11 AM
Last Post: Panther
Star Minoxidil Guide for Thicker Beard, Facial Hair and Fuller Eyebrows TheMensHairForum 9 147 12-05-2018 02:59 PM
Last Post: Ebony
Exclamation Do not use Trioxidil or Foligain for beard growth as with minoxidil! Beard on Minoxidil 1 34 12-05-2018 02:49 PM
Last Post: Ebony