Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Hanz De Fuko Modify Pomade/ D:Fi Pomade
12-02-2013, 09:03 PM
Hanz De Fuko Modify Pomade/ D:Fi Pomade
Hey guys, I bought these two a while back and used both interchangeably.
Let's start with the Hanz De Fuko first:
I read a lot of the Hanz De Fuko line and decided to try it. I have medium straight asian hair and style my hair with a slight comb over. The smell is nice and isn't glossy but instead it is a peach colored wax. When you rub it in your hands initially, it becomes like a white paste but as you continue to rub it disperses and becomes clear. It doesn't really leave a shine, like advertised, and I usually put it on after I blow dry. Overall the hold was probably medium, and it did wash off easily. Overall, it's not what I was looking for because of the weak hold. In order for me to have my hair hold, I had to put 2 fingers tips instead of one but that made my hair feel and look like I put a bit too much product on.

D:Fi Pomade:
Smell is not as good as the Hanz De Fuko one. This one seems like it is like a jelly. Very slippery and jelly like when you rub it in your hands. As I styled my hair, it did indeed provide quite a bit of shine, and probably a little less hold as the Hanz De Fuko. This will probably be good for slick back hairs and shorter style'd comb overs than mine.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-03-2013, 08:17 AM (This post was last modified: 12-03-2013 08:18 AM by Jurgen.)
RE: Hanz De Fuko Modify Pomade/ D:Fi Pomade
Those are some detailed reviews of Hanz de Fuko Modify Pomade and D:Fi Pomade, Midnite! Smile
I prefer for hair pomade this hair pomade as I like my hairstyles more classic than modern. I recommend it for next time if you want to try a new pomade for side swept hairstyles and classic hairstyles!
If anyone is interested, click the links to read more or buy the Hanz de Fuko Modify Pomade or the D:Fi Pomade Wink
Hanz de Fuko Modify Pomade
D:Fi Pomade
12-03-2013, 03:21 PM
Thanks! I will do more reviews on other products when they arrive in the mail
12-03-2013, 08:54 PM (This post was last modified: 12-03-2013 08:58 PM by Midnite.)
Also, you linked people the wrong product. That is the molding creme.
As for the Layrite pomade you linked me, seems like it does it's job but probably for the people that want to do hair styles like Donald Draper. For me, I like a good hold but with matte finishes and natural look. Reviews for that says that it hardens your hair
12-05-2013, 09:06 AM (This post was last modified: 12-05-2013 09:06 AM by Jurgen.)
(12-03-2013 03:21 PM)Midnite Wrote:  Thanks! I will do more reviews on other products when they arrive in the mail

I just sent you a PM about future reviews Smile

(12-03-2013 08:54 PM)Midnite Wrote:  Also, you linked people the wrong product. That is the molding creme.
As for the Layrite pomade you linked me, seems like it does it's job but probably for the people that want to do hair styles like Donald Draper. For me, I like a good hold but with matte finishes and natural look. Reviews for that says that it hardens your hair

Thanks for noticing that. Sometimes the vendors in Amazon list the product in the search results different to the actual page product, we had that happened a few times already here. Just fixed it.
Yes the Layrite pomade is more on the hair wax side, not so much a pomade for loose hairstyles, I was surprised about the hard look especially because it is a easy to wash pomade. Here is my Layrite Super Hold deluxe pomade review btw.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Hanz De Fuko Claymation Tugging p.alan816 0 304 08-07-2016 07:06 PM
Last Post: p.alan816
  How to degrease and remove pomade from hair leastwood2 1 609 06-15-2016 09:40 AM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum
  Ponz Grooming hair pomade opinions and experience vicktor.j 0 180 06-13-2016 10:04 AM
Last Post: vicktor.j
  Hanz de Fuko Quiksand or By Vilain Silver Fox for side curtain hair [Titanic] tellyouican 0 477 05-14-2016 12:37 AM
Last Post: tellyouican