Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hairstyling products for men to make thick hair 'clump'
09-21-2015, 07:09 AM
Hairstyling products for men to make thick hair 'clump'
Hi.

I have extremely thick, coarse hair that without any products goes sort of frizzy - all the individual strands separate out in a horrible way.

When my hair's wet it looks amazing, but then of course it dries. I try many pomades - Layrite, Sweet Georgia Brown, Black and White - and they improve it, but I find they still tend to leave the hair going 'stringy', if you get what I mean. I want it to sort of 'clump up', i.e. stick into bigger chunks and look moist.

Can anyone think of a good product for really helping the hair to stick together in larger chunks and weighing it down a bit?

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-30-2015, 01:08 PM (This post was last modified: 09-30-2015 01:09 PM by i3oosted.)
RE: Hairstyling products for men to make thick hair 'clump'
(09-21-2015 07:09 AM)MatthewVockersbeige Wrote:  Hi.

I have extremely thick, coarse hair that without any products goes sort of frizzy - all the individual strands separate out in a horrible way.

When my hair's wet it looks amazing, but then of course it dries. I try many pomades - Layrite, Sweet Georgia Brown, Black and White - and they improve it, but I find they still tend to leave the hair going 'stringy', if you get what I mean. I want it to sort of 'clump up', i.e. stick into bigger chunks and look moist.

Can anyone think of a good product for really helping the hair to stick together in larger chunks and weighing it down a bit?

Thanks

I've been trying to find an answer to this for the longest time. I want that clumpy look and not each individual strand but the stylists and barbers I talk to, can't understand what I'm talking about.

I think I have an idea though but I have medium/thick/straight hair so it's a lot easier for me to do this than coarse hair. 4 things I do that can somewhat get me there.

1 - a little pomade, I know you said this doesn't work for you, but it does for me
2 - an oil based wax that isn't water soluble, it's tough to get out but it does clump my hair, I've used this with success and like it.

http://www.amazon.com/Lock-Stock-Barrel-...000IB0GI2/

3 - Hair needs to be texturized, a lot if it's thick like mine.

4 - Don't apply product evenly through hair, apply and form "clumps" with your hand and product, don't just spread it on hand and run it through hair evenly.

So far this is what I've found that works for me.
10-20-2015, 11:32 AM
I have the same problem. A classic petrolatum based heavy hold pomade (Murrays, DAX etc.) works best for me.
11-18-2015, 11:40 AM
(09-21-2015 07:09 AM)MatthewVockersbeige Wrote:  Hi.

Thanks

I would like to know the answer to this too! The best way to get hair to clump together in larger chunks
11-19-2015, 06:37 PM
Bump. I'd also love to hear a solution to this problem.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Which product makes thick hair not clump together? Zatem 0 87 11-11-2016 01:56 PM
Last Post: Zatem
  Looking for new products, requiring some advice (pics at the end) Magikarp_Approves 0 89 11-06-2016 04:05 PM
Last Post: Magikarp_Approves
  Mens Hair Products: Quick Useful 101 Guide The Hairstylist 2 323 10-26-2016 09:54 AM
Last Post: A London Barber
Smile Are there good products to dye your beard orange? Duaov 1 161 09-16-2016 04:55 AM
Last Post: r3dzzz