Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hairstyles with a Beanie - How to Style your Hair
12-30-2013, 10:06 AM
Hairstyles with a Beanie - How to Style your Hair
This is a guide for hairstyles with a beanie covering the range of styles for the different hair types with pictures included. This guide was submitted to us by forum member Drokas and it's a great way to visualize the styling variations while wearing a beanie!

Beanie Hairstyles - How to Style your Hair

Everyone knows what a beanie is but you might call it by a different name depending on where you live:

[Image: 41oTQVEsrtL._SX342_.jpg]

They are pretty common and extremely versatile since they come in many shapes, sizes, colors and fabrics, suiting every style and hair type. You can still be warm without compromising your look and they can be helpful if your hair is having a “bad day”! Tongue That’s probably why it is trending for quite some time now and why plenty of celebrities adopted this style, specially the “Slouchy Beanie” variant.

Also, they are usually cheap and you can even make your own by recycling some old sweater but the main focus of this guide is to show you how you can style your hair when wearing one, so let’s start!

Brushed Back hairstyle

[Image: 1486867_748258405202632_764493288_n.jpg]

Messy Hair style

[Image: 1526208_748456965182776_2136721855_n.jpg]

Side Swept

[Image: 1477610_748457005182772_1475155250_n.jpg]

Side Swept Spikey style

[Image: 1486730_748457048516101_1510067578_n.jpg]

Wavy Hair

[Image: 1512362_748457098516096_1154274374_n.jpg]

Curly Hair

[Image: 1524951_748456955182777_1805684788_n.jpg]

Straight Bangs

[Image: 1488329_748457101849429_1383450008_n.jpg]

Brushed Up hairstyle

[Image: 1546059_748456991849440_2145633097_n.jpg]

Shaggy Hair with Side Fringe

[Image: 1486610_748457008516105_2062677976_n.jpg]

Jaw length Long hair

[Image: 1501810_748457078516098_185323878_n.jpg]

Shoulder length long hairstyle

[Image: 1535478_748456911849448_203849183_n.jpg]

Hidden Hair style

[Image: 1513316_748456951849444_1980172544_n.jpg]

Messy Curls style

[Image: 1509186_748456891849450_1498124945_n.jpg]

See next post below

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-30-2013, 10:19 AM
RE: Hairstyles with a Beanie - How to Style your Hair
Where to buy a beanie?

Amazon is the best place to find and buy a beanie. They have a huge selection of beanies there:

- Check this beanie here which offers you a wide range of colors to choose from and is light enough to wear year round!
- Check this beanie made from wool! I have it and it's perfect for those super cold days.
- If you like silk (high quality fabric), then check this 75% silk beanie which is very soft and itch proof too!

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
12-30-2013, 12:16 PM
Hehe, looks good here! Tongue Thanks for making this happen *.*
I couldn't help but buy a beanie last Saturday... Angel It's so fun making different hairstyles with it! Big Grin

Even though the first style is my favorite, it will be hard to just pick one for the day, specially considering I'm growing my hair for an Undercut variant, which itself is versatile enough. ^^'
12-30-2013, 01:27 PM
(12-30-2013 12:16 PM)Drokas Wrote:  Hehe, looks good here! Tongue Thanks for making this happen *.*
I couldn't help but buy a beanie last Saturday... Angel It's so fun making different hairstyles with it! Big Grin

Even though the first style is my favorite, it will be hard to just pick one for the day, specially considering I'm growing my hair for an Undercut variant, which itself is versatile enough. ^^'

Totally! Smile

A beanie helps not only with the cold but also with bad hair days that's why I have a few already LOL I use the wool one for when it's cold then vary with the thinner fabric ones in spring and autumn, and when I have bad hair days, of course!

12-30-2013, 01:59 PM
Congrats on the guide bro, Ive actually wondered couple of times what to do with my hair and what to style it like when wearing a beanie hat, often times I jus put the hat on and cover all my hair.
I'm getting some ideas with the side swept and brushed back styles, plenty time to experiment now in winter lol
12-30-2013, 06:55 PM
(12-30-2013 01:59 PM)Lordius Wrote:  Congrats on the guide bro, Ive actually wondered couple of times what to do with my hair and what to style it like when wearing a beanie hat, often times I jus put the hat on and cover all my hair.
I'm getting some ideas with the side swept and brushed back styles, plenty time to experiment now in winter lol

Thanks ^^
I started noticing a lot of guys wearing beanies but most of them just hide their hair so I started wondering how it would look with different hairstyles and got so excited that I had to make a guide based on the information I found. Tongue
I never realized how stylish and versatile they could be! =O

Have fun experimenting and well, feel free to post some photos of you here wearing a beanie haha! Big Grin I might even do the same... Cool
12-31-2013, 09:35 AM
(12-30-2013 06:55 PM)Drokas Wrote:  
(12-30-2013 01:59 PM)Lordius Wrote:  Congrats on the guide bro, Ive actually wondered couple of times what to do with my hair and what to style it like when wearing a beanie hat, often times I jus put the hat on and cover all my hair.

Thanks ^^
I started noticing a lot of guys wearing beanies but most of them just hide their hair so I started wondering how it would look with different hairstyles and got so excited that I had to make a guide based on the information I found. Tongue
I never realized how stylish and versatile they could be! =O

Have fun experimenting and well, feel free to post some photos of you here wearing a beanie haha! Big Grin I might even do the same... Cool

That is a creative guide Drokas Cool
TBH i have had beanies but never been into them for winter time. I like the way you posted the pics as visual help. The only problem is that beanies usually break brush up hairstyles but IIMO a simply brushing up with the fingers when you remove the beanie is fine especially for hairstyles with pomade & hair wax. The hair is very malleable with pomade and hair wax anyway.
Way to go amigo! Smile
12-31-2013, 09:57 AM
(12-31-2013 09:35 AM)Jurgen Wrote:  That is a creative guide Drokas Cool
TBH i have had beanies but never been into them for winter time. I like the way you posted the pics as visual help. The only problem is that beanies usually break brush up hairstyles but IIMO a simply brushing up with the fingers when you remove the beanie is fine especially for hairstyles with pomade & hair wax. The hair is very malleable with pomade and hair wax anyway.
Way to go amigo! Smile

Yeah, like any hat it does get your hair messy as soon you remove it but that's why I keep seeing guys with beanies inside malls and movie theaters where it's warm! xD
I didn't want to try it on just because of that but since I had it swept to the side and back, I just used my fingers to get it into place. Tongue
Hehe, thanks! Big Grin
01-02-2014, 10:33 PM
Great guide, really informative!

Love my beanie, especially for my bad hair days!
01-02-2014, 11:14 PM
(01-02-2014 10:33 PM)connorhassle123 Wrote:  Great guide, really informative!

Love my beanie, especially for my bad hair days!

Great! Big Grin
Haha yup, we all have those! Rolleyes
01-03-2014, 07:35 AM
These hairstyles are looks very attractive. Great dude.
Thanks for share.
01-05-2014, 01:53 PM
Thanks for the great thread.

Now that there's a thread about beanies(I really like it and I personally use beanies a lot), what about the hairstyles that are "approved" for hip-hop caps(or whatever they are called in english).
01-05-2014, 02:20 PM
(01-05-2014 01:53 PM)Fros7y Wrote:  Thanks for the great thread.

Now that there's a thread about beanies(I really like it and I personally use beanies a lot), what about the hairstyles that are "approved" for hip-hop caps(or whatever they are called in english).

Are you talking of dorags, the caps (skull caps) that rappers usually wear?

[Image: 414irWtM-cL._SY300_.jpg]

If that's the case, dorags were used to protect the cornrows and braids hairstyles of black male rappers in the 1990s and beyond but nowadays it has become more of a fashion statement and you really don't need to have cornrows or braids to wear a dorag, especially if you are in the hip hop community.

Was it the dorag you were referring to?

01-05-2014, 03:33 PM (This post was last modified: 01-05-2014 03:35 PM by Drokas.)
(01-03-2014 07:35 AM)Harris Wrote:  These hairstyles are looks very attractive. Great dude.
Thanks for share.

Thank you, I'm glad you appreciate it! ^^

Thanks =)
Now you reminded me of another use of the beanie which I didn't put because it didn't necessarily match the theme Tongue

[Image: Eminem-Beanie.jpg]
01-06-2014, 04:37 AM
(01-05-2014 02:20 PM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  

[Image: 414irWtM-cL._SY300_.jpg]

If that's the case, dorags were used to protect the cornrows and braids hairstyles of black male rappers in the 1990s and beyond but nowadays it has become more of a fashion statement and you really don't need to have cornrows or braids to wear a dorag, especially if you are in the hip hop community.

I think he's talking about snapbacks and fitted hats.
01-06-2014, 04:51 AM (This post was last modified: 01-06-2014 04:52 AM by Fros7y.)
(01-06-2014 04:37 AM)itsjasonhh Wrote:  

Exactly what I meant(I can't post pictures or links because i don't have 50(?!) posts here, I think it's because of my group(the Nicholas Cage thingy))
01-06-2014, 08:45 AM
(01-06-2014 04:51 AM)Fros7y Wrote:  
(01-06-2014 04:37 AM)itsjasonhh Wrote:  

Exactly what I meant(I can't post pictures or links because i don't have 50(?!) posts here, I think it's because of my group(the Nicholas Cage thingy))

Oh, of course yes, snapbacks and fitted hats!

[Image: 31mdaE1f8aL._SX342_.jpg]

[Image: Swagger-x-Franks-Chop-Shop-New-Era-Fitted-Cap.jpg]

We got more hairstyle guides coming out in the forum (apart from the many we already have!) so we can certainly look into hairstyles for snapbacks and fitted hats. If you or anyone else wants to write up a guide like Drokas did for beanies, then let me know and mods/I will approve it and post it in the forum with all credit to you (or you can post it directly as a thread, but ask me or a mod first) Smile

You can't post links to external sites as a rule, much less if you have less than 50 posts; the same goes for images although if you let me know which ones you want, I will post them for you.

Let's not derail this thread though. I am making a note for a future guide on hairstyles for snapbacks and, if you want, you can start a thread on this particular topic (once you have 11 posts, you can create a thread, Fros7y).

01-06-2014, 12:20 PM
For our black forum dudes, here is picture of Gary Dourdan with a beanie and a natural afro hairstyle. Interesting he keeps the beanie high on the hair so it pulls it back, because his hair is kinky curly it is not like a classic slicked back hairstyle that dudes with straight hair can do, it's just a regular afro natural style that has the curls in the front pulled back:

[Image: o-GARY-DOURDAN-BANKRUPTCY-facebook.jpg]

And this is Cristiano Ronaldo recently with a beanie!

[Image: 1388611724_extras_albumes_0.jpg]
01-06-2014, 03:58 PM
Thats a pretty sweet guide mate and good image selection to show the hair styles, surely these guide will be helping quite a few guys now over winter! xcept our aussie lads Big Grin
I may write up a guide soon too on hair styling or some haircuts as i'm getting a lot of practise in the barbershop but i'm wanting to do some writing too
01-17-2014, 04:57 AM
(01-06-2014 12:20 PM)Jurgen Wrote:  For our black forum dudes, here is picture of Gary Dourdan with a beanie and a natural afro hairstyle. Interesting he keeps the beanie high on the hair so it pulls it back, because his hair is kinky curly it is not like a classic slicked back hairstyle that dudes with straight hair can do, it's just a regular afro natural style that has the curls in the front pulled back:
Yeah, after I submitted this guide I asked TMHF if we wanted me to add kinky hair but most of the hairstyles I found looked basically like the brush up and back variations but with kinky hair instead. ^^'
It does look nice, I must say. =)

(01-06-2014 03:58 PM)Bradley Wrote:  Thats a pretty sweet guide mate and good image selection to show the hair styles, surely these guide will be helping quite a few guys now over winter! xcept our aussie lads Big Grin
I may write up a guide soon too on hair styling or some haircuts as i'm getting a lot of practise in the barbershop but i'm wanting to do some writing too

Great, that was my point! Big Grin Thanks*
Yup, sure do. There's no such thing as too much information hehe Tongue
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Middle Part Curtains Hairstyle Guide: How To Style, Pictures, Products and more TheMensHairForum 13 69,281 06-15-2016 03:04 PM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum
  The Man Bun - Epic Hairstyle Guide with Advice, Pictures, How to Style and Videos TheMensHairForum 27 350,753 05-02-2016 05:19 PM
Last Post: Refrusloi
  Mens Hairstyles and Face Shapes Guide: Round, Triangle, Square, Oval Bradley 16 73,950 05-02-2016 11:32 AM
Last Post: Refrusloi
Wink Wavy Hair Men: Hairstyles, Pictures, Inspiration TheMensHairForum 23 43,692 04-06-2016 08:39 PM
Last Post: ethanbawasanta