Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hairstyles for straight hair and balding?
05-11-2013, 04:30 PM
Hairstyles for straight hair and balding?
Can anybody suggest some hairstyles for straight hair if one is balding? I have some scalp showing on the crown although my temples are almost untouched. I think I'm a Norwood III, I would like to still style my hair as I treat the balding too.

Thank you! Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-11-2013, 09:17 PM
RE: Hairstyles for straight hair and balding?
(05-11-2013 04:30 PM)Vladimir Wrote:  Can anybody suggest some hairstyles for straight hair if one is balding? I have some scalp showing on the crown although my temples are almost untouched. I think I'm a Norwood III, I would like to still style my hair as I treat the balding too.

Thank you! Big Grin

If your balding is mainly on the vertex, then I recommend you to slick back your hair. Grow your hair to 2-3 inches, then slick it back; this will cover the balding spot neatly. Likewise, a shaggy hairstyle with the hair on the crown strategically placed can conceal the balding spot.

Bear in mind the above is only for some minor balding spots, if you have a balding spot of a Norwood IV, it is best that you simply buzz your hair and forget about trying to conceal the balding spot.

Author of the two bestselling hair-care books:

The Curly Hair Book: Or How Men Can Now Rock Their Waves, Coils And Kinks (CLICK HERE to read more about the book)

The Men's Hair Book: A Male's Guide To Hair Care, Hair Styles, Hair Grooming, Hair Products and Rocking It All Without The Baloney (CLICK HERE to read more about the book)
05-11-2013, 09:40 PM
(05-11-2013 09:17 PM)Curly Hair Wrote:  
(05-11-2013 04:30 PM)Vladimir Wrote:  Can anybody suggest some hairstyles for straight hair if one is balding? I have some scalp showing on the crown although my temples are almost untouched. I think I'm a Norwood III, I would like to still style my hair as I treat the balding too.

Thank you! Big Grin

If your balding is mainly on the vertex, then I recommend you to slick back your hair. Grow your hair to 2-3 inches, then slick it back; this will cover the balding spot neatly. Likewise, a shaggy hairstyle with the hair on the crown strategically placed can conceal the balding spot.

Bear in mind the above is only for some minor balding spots, if you have a balding spot of a Norwood IV, it is best that you simply buzz your hair and forget about trying to conceal the balding spot.

Curly hair is correct. Simply slick the hair back.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
05-15-2013, 05:39 PM
Thank you, how about a shaggy hair style?
08-10-2013, 10:32 AM
(05-15-2013 05:39 PM)Vladimir Wrote:  Thank you, how about a shaggy hair style?

What about a Norwood III with straight hair person? When curls or shaggy is not an option?
08-10-2013, 11:28 AM
Yes guys, a shaggy will work but you need a medium length so you want about 4 to 6 inches on the top in layers. A good hairdresser can get the haircut for a shaggy just right and then you style the hair by selectively tousling the hair to cover the spot. A dude that represents a good shaggy hairstyle is Rod Stewart, he is almost 70 years old and believe you me he has some hair thinning going on but masks it with a shaggy

[Image: rodstewart1288.jpg]

[Image: rod%2520stewart-4.jpg]

[Image: rod-stewart.jpg]

[Image: showbiz_rod_stewart.jpg]

Rod Stewart is blessed with good lasting hair but at his age it is only normal to lose his hair but the Shaggy hairstyle creates the illusion of volume.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
08-12-2014, 12:51 PM
Slicked back all the way!
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  New hairstyle for straight hair - Quiff or long hairstyles? Wayne Baskin 0 284 09-23-2016 09:22 AM
Last Post: Wayne Baskin
  Hair Too Straight and Thick! Want Natural Combover Hairstyle StraightHairProblems 0 400 09-06-2016 03:15 AM
Last Post: StraightHairProblems
  How to style fluffy curly hair into soft straight hairstyle MustafaZorrok 0 393 06-28-2016 03:25 PM
Last Post: MustafaZorrok
  Problem With Straight,Thick Black Hair Sertinjo 0 856 03-20-2016 03:02 PM
Last Post: Sertinjo