Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hairstyles for men Book by JM Fowler is a FRAUD
06-13-2013, 11:20 AM
Hairstyles for men Book by JM Fowler is a FRAUD
I'm a professional photographer and have done some photography for a hairdressing friend of mine. I'm always happy to buy photography books and have dozens at home. As of lately, I have been buying Kindle photography books and not been very happy with the quality of photography books available on Kindle. One of the last books I purchased is an absolute fraud and steal and not only did I return it but I will be happy to warn everyone about it too.

The Kindle book is called "Hairstyles for Men - A Collection of Haircuts for Men (Hairstyle Photography)" by so called JM Fowler is nothing but a piss poor collection of public stock photographs that are available online for pennies.

I bought the book thinking I would see some nice pictures of hairstyles by a legit photographer when all I got where stock photographs that are not even property of this dude so-called JM Fowler LOL apparently this trick of compiling stock photographs is a trick that spammers are doing since early 2013 and explains why about 80% of the Kindle photography books I have bought are nothing but rats using freely available public images!!

Want to have a laugh? Check it for for urself (search the name on amazon)

Now click on the book cover (top left of the page) so u can see a preview of the book. See the few pictures shown in the preview?

Now see these same pics in these stock photography sites (for public sale):

http://www.bigstockphoto.es/en/image-355...background
http://www.123rf.com/photo_13705409_youn...-coat.html

Like the hairstyle on the cover? Well, it's here already:

http://www.mensxp.com/images/article/dat...om5943.jpg
http://cdn.tripwiremagazine.com/wp-conte...ootage.jpg

This guy called JM Fowler is not even a photographer, it's a pen name for some spammer who learned about this Amazon Kindle trick to scam people. So basically u pay for a photography book that the images are not even of the "author" and can be bought for pennies from the 000s of public stock photography sites online, I even recognize 4 photographs in this rats so-called book that belong to a friend of mine (real professional photographer). The book is basically a bunch of stock photographs lined up, and the worst is that Amazon Kindle allows this rats to be sold.

As a professional photographer, I'm embarrassed that this sort of scamming is allowed to take place and it gives us real professional photographers a bad name. My advice is that if u want to see hairstyles, click on Google Images and have fun (or browse this forum, whatever u prefer). Do NOT buy this book unless u want to not only waste ur money but have a scammer and spammer laugh at u on his way to the bank.
Rant over. Have a good day people Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-13-2013, 11:55 AM
RE: Hairstyles for men Book by JM Fowler is a FRAUD
oh rofl

I'm surprised you even bought the book, the photographs that appear in the preview stink of stock photography already. Unfortunately the whole hair niche is full of scammers and con artists like this Fowler or whatever his real name is, from people stealing other people's content to rewriting content (spinning) to getting other people to write your content. I would venture to say 99% of the websites for hair are fullon garbage stolen from each other (seen it too many times), not surprised they now do this with Kindle books.

That hairstyles for men "book" is a disgrace and I'm surprised it's allowed to be sold on Kindle as I thought Amazon was trying to fight this sort of content and stopping the lying to book readers from fake authors, you know you can report this book right?

Anyway, thanks for the head up and warning our community Zorba!

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
06-13-2013, 12:23 PM
**ing cheaters, i like other photography books in another genre and have seen the trend of fake authors and stock images. its like u buy a book hoping to see some nice pictures only to find the pictures have been used by other websites and books already hundreds of times cos the damn pics are stock images.
06-13-2013, 01:45 PM
Kindle books have decreased in quality before it was PLR content now it's stock photography books, bunch of scammers. I usually just report them.

(06-13-2013 11:55 AM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  oh rofl

Unfortunately the whole hair niche is full of scammers and con artists like this Fowler or whatever his real name is, from people stealing other people's content to rewriting content (spinning) to getting other people to write your content. I would venture to say 99% of the websites for hair are fullon garbage stolen from each other (seen it too many times), not surprised they now do this with Kindle books.

x10000
Lots of sites cranked up with poor quality articles that have no idea on hair care at all. It's very bad and the good thing about this forum is you get things told like they are.

Report the hairstyles for men frauding book and get your money back, thats all.
06-13-2013, 04:12 PM

I'm surprised you even bought the book, the photographs that appear in the preview stink of stock photography already.

I buy Kindle books by the lot, ima bit of a compulsive buyer just go on shopping sprees byuing tens of Kindle books at a time, I didn't think much of buying this book, probably should have seen the preview first as I would have noticed straightaway the photographs used are stock photographs and this JM Fowler fake photographer is cheating his way in Kindle.
I got my money back but since I returned the book the second I realized of the cheating stock photos Im not able to review the book as i returned it prior to the 48 hours needed for a review. Still, hope at least some of our members are warned and don't waste a couple of $ in this piece of cheating rats.
06-13-2013, 08:16 PM
i personally find it disgusting what this fake photographer has done and equally disgusting is Amazon's attitude to this and allowing scammers like this guy take their customers for granted. I sure won't be buying any photography books from Amazon seeing that they really dont care whats being sold inside the book.
06-13-2013, 10:09 PM
(06-13-2013 04:12 PM)Zorba Wrote:  

I'm surprised you even bought the book, the photographs that appear in the preview stink of stock photography already.

I buy Kindle books by the lot, ima bit of a compulsive buyer just go on shopping sprees byuing tens of Kindle books at a time, I didn't think much of buying this book, probably should have seen the preview first as I would have noticed straightaway the photographs used are stock photographs and this JM Fowler fake photographer is cheating his way in Kindle.
I got my money back but since I returned the book the second I realized of the cheating stock photos Im not able to review the book as i returned it prior to the 48 hours needed for a review. Still, hope at least some of our members are warned and don't waste a couple of $ in this piece of cheating rats.

I understand, it's very easy to tell the photographs that this "photographer" has used are mere plubic stock photographs that anyone can get and say they have a "photography book".

The problem is that some people will still fall for it and get conned by scammers like this JM Fowler guy pretending to be a photographer who has published a "photography" book so it's good you broke the news here Zorba. We are a community and we are here to look after it!

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
06-13-2013, 10:19 PM
Shameful what some people would do for a couple of bucks, just throw in some stock pictures on Kindle and call it a photography book...Rolleyes
06-15-2013, 12:57 PM
I dont understand, wats the point of publishing a photography book calling yourself a photographer and then use public photographs that every website has and that anyone can buy and that arent exclusive or offer anything new if put in a photography book?? JM Fowler he calls himself right mmmm ok lol 1000 to 1 his name is something totally different and he really isnt a photographer & just some scumbag thinking no one will catch his trick.
06-17-2013, 04:18 PM
is that book some kind of a joke? Spam taken to a new dimension...Rolleyes
Also Amazon is in for selling their pricey tablets so they dont care for quality on kindle books much less on photography book, Amazon just want lots of sales volume of kindle books so people buy more and more of their tablets.

Oldschool barber getting it on with the internet era.
06-24-2013, 11:59 AM
loling at cheater getting caught! Love how this forum can spot rats quickly just like that article on curly hair the other day Smile
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  How to get better hair and hairstyles as a male - 5 easy tips The Hairstylist 0 251 10-03-2016 10:32 AM
Last Post: The Hairstylist
  Using 2 different hair products for hairstyles? tellyouican 1 720 07-31-2015 06:15 AM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum
  Army haircut and what mens hairstyles are allowed?? JaimeSpain 1 5,674 07-05-2014 01:16 PM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum
  Shaved sides hairstyles or Skrillex haircut? Lordius 4 8,879 05-16-2014 09:14 AM
Last Post: Oscar Del Futuro