Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hairstyle advice while growing man bun and enough long length
03-29-2015, 11:12 AM
Hairstyle advice while growing man bun and enough long length
This is a question from a forum member who wants to grow a man bun, and he would like to know what hairstyle to use while growing his man bun. His hair isn't yet long enough for a man bun, and he posted the question in our man bun hairstyle guide asking for hairstyle advice as he grows his mane to be able to get a manbun.

Since his question requires feedback from others, we're posting it as a thread of its own. His question is as follows - feel free to reply to it.

(03-24-2015 06:26 AM)partounian Wrote:  Thank you for the help! Smile
I spent a good amount of time reading through your book after making the post. However, my main question is what could I do in the meantime, while it's growing?
These are pictures of what it currently looks like.

[Image: IMG_20150324_060513_zpsihsww5s0.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20150324_060508_zpstclwdcd2.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20150324_060104_zpsvfegysf2.jpg]

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-29-2015, 11:59 AM
RE: Hairstyle advice while growing man bun and enough long length
Mate you still have a lot of hair length to grow to be able to tie a manbun. I would say you need at least an extra six months, possibly more and close to a year. It's good tho that you're positive about it as patience is something that one needs to grow a man bun, and not many lads remain patient enough to grow their hair long! Smile

If you were to come into our barbershop I would advice you to start slicking your hair back. You have a lot of natural hair volume, which is a good thing. You also have a taper haircut so I'm guessing that you would be interested in having some kind of man bun undercut or bun with short sides.

Literally it will depend on whether you want to also tie the hair on your sides and back or not. If you just want to tie the hair on the top into a bun for a man bun undercut, then I highly recommend that you get an undercut. Once you have your undercut, you can start your hair into the slicked back undercut. This one is a really cool and trendy hairstyle that will work wonders until you have enough length on the top to tie it into a bun.

The undercut is also a great haircut for men with thick dense hair, so it will fit you really well. So you get an undercut, keep the hair on the top uncut, then continue growing the hair on the top while getting an undercut every three to four weeks. In about six months you'll be able to get a man bun undercut hairstyle.

If you want to also be able to tie the hair on the sides and back into a bun, then you just have to keep growing your hair long. Since the hair on your sides, and possibly on the back on your hair too, are short, it will take you longer to get all your hair tied into a bun. That's why I said earlier that it would take you closer to a year to be able to grow a man bun hairstyle.

It's fine tho if you want to also be able to tie the hair on the sides and back into a one-piece bun. Just go thru this slicked back hair guide in the link so that you learn how to slick back your hair. Eventually your hair will get so long that you start slicking your hair and then use the extra length that has grown to tie it all into a bun.

If you're planning on having all the hair, including sides and back, into a single manbun, then do not get a haircut. Just avoid the barbershop, it's the fastest way to grow a man bun. And I'm saying this as a barber myself but it's pointless for you to trim your hair at all if all you want is to grow a man bun as fast as possible. So no trimming, no trimming of hair tips, no thinning out the hair and no other form of hair cutting until you get to the length that you need to get your hair all tied into one bun. Just bear in mind that you may be looking at about a whole year of hair growth without getting a haircut.

Cheers!
03-29-2015, 09:29 PM
RE: Hairstyle advice while growing man bun and enough long length
I would recommend experimenting with slicking it back or wearing it like a pompadour. just let it go
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  What hairstyle suits best! hadiawan 0 73 12-01-2016 12:45 AM
Last Post: hadiawan
  Need Some Advice Camden 0 59 11-25-2016 06:15 PM
Last Post: Camden
  Medium slickback hairstyle Gias98 0 288 10-20-2016 12:50 PM
Last Post: Gias98
  Help identify my hair for a new hairstyle gabriel777 2 312 10-18-2016 09:34 AM
Last Post: gabriel777