Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hairline asymmetry is normal, even Ben Dahlhaus has it!
05-27-2015, 10:40 AM
Lightbulb Hairline asymmetry is normal, even Ben Dahlhaus has it!
Out of curiosity I was reading a thread about hairline asymmetry. The forum barbers here where saying how it is common, so I looked into the mirror and there you go... I noticed I also had a slightly asymmetric hairline.

The guy in the thread I was reading seemed to be depressed about his asymmetric hairline. Even after the barbers told him that an asymmetric hairline is common. So I thought why not then go through some of the many hairstyle pictures of male models in some of the threads here and see if I would find a male model with an asymmetric hairline.

It only took me less than a minute to find a male model with hairline asymmetry. It's Ben Dahlhaus, who seems to be the pinup boy as of lately in the fashion industry. If that dude can get contracts with an asymmetric hairline then I guess it isn't the end of the world if your hairline isn't perfectly symmetrical. The human body is not symmetric so one side of the forehead being higher is fine. I'm just posting this as a service announcement for any dudes thinking that their uneven hairline will break their hairstyle aesthetics.

The picture below is of the asymmetric hairline of Ben Dahlhaus. For some cool man bun hairstyle of him even with an asymmetric hairline (LOL) see this thread:

[Image: dafd4d7cd28777053ecc965a5cd10f74.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-27-2015, 10:57 AM (This post was last modified: 05-27-2015 10:59 AM by Cool Hair Guy.)
RE: Hairline asymmetry is normal, even Ben Dahlhaus has it!
Funny thing is that some of the guys in the forum also noticed that another male model has an asymmetric face. The name of the male model with an asymmetric face is Ricki Hall. Here's the interesting discussion about the facial asymmetry of Ricki Hall:

It turns out that Ricki Hall uses the hipster beard to hide his face asymmetry. That's why there are hardly any pictures of Ricki Hall without a beard. Even the hairline of Ricki Hall is asymmetric! If you read the discussion in the link they talk about how too much asymmetry in the fashion world will kill your chances of making a living as a male model but that some facial asymmetry is ok. I have no idea as I have as much clue about the fashion industry as I do about breeding iguanas, but the stuff they say makes sense.

See this picture showing the facial asymmetry of Ricki Hall. So for anyone over-stressing about facial asymmetry or hairline asymmetry, it's fine to have some degree of it and even male models have it.

[Image: 060e673a64b7b70daac75a9e38c259d1.jpg]
06-04-2015, 11:23 AM
Hairline asymmetry is normal indeed and doesn't any imply male hair loss.
Going by how many forum members have expressed concern about their irregular hairlines or asymmetric hairlines, I think that this thread has plenty of merit. We've said infinitely that it's completely normal to have an asymmetric hairline, so long as the asymmetry is caused by an irregular follicle distribution and not by male pattern baldness.

Great reminder for those guys who are worried about one of their temples being slightly higher or lower than the other. However, for those of you suspecting actual hair loss, then you may post your questions at our Male Hair Loss section, although we always recommend seeing a good dermatologist as they're the only ones who can confirm male pattern baldness (the common-yet-bad type of irreversible male hair loss).

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Tongue Using Wax Makes My Hair Look Dry. Is this normal? choco00934141 7 2,843 11-20-2014 07:26 PM
Last Post: choco00934141
  Hair in the middle of my hairline GoodHair 8 3,704 04-24-2014 12:55 PM
Last Post: GoodHair
  Is this normal? GoodHair 6 2,350 02-19-2014 02:01 PM
Last Post: Stevens