Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Haircuts for round face shape?
04-10-2014, 10:51 AM
Haircuts for round face shape?
As the title suggests I have a round face shape , Right now I just have short back and sides with long on top (Not styled) , Looking to get a haircut soon and want to start styling my hair , Any suggestions?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-10-2014, 11:41 AM
RE: Haircuts for round face shape?
For round faces, taper haircuts are the best haircut one can get. Avoid the Undercut and sharp high cuts. Tell your barber you want a medium taper haircut.

What's your hair length and hair type?

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
04-10-2014, 01:30 PM
[
Hello thanks for the reply , Also sorry for the duplicated post , Im aware that I shouldn't re-post but the first time I entered it into the wrong place (Or I thought I did , I then reposted It in the place I thought it should be in)

I have straight hair , The length is around what Zayn Maliks hair is in the Hair length post , Maybe a little longer on the sides but around the same on top but it is always unstyled.
04-11-2014, 12:01 AM
Hey , The above post tells you more information on the Hair , Just wondering if your online later can you provide a little more information on the haircut (I know what a taper cut is but not sure what exactly a medium taper cut is , Though it is probably pretty obvious) but I also don't know what style to get , As even with a taper cut , You would still have to style the front / top(?) which im not sure on what to do for that ( I have never used gel / wax or anything to style my hair)

So any more information on the taper cut you suggested , Along with any styles I should try and what I should ask for when im there as im going to get it cut today (In a few hours) and have no idea what style or cut to get (Apart from your suggestion of a taper cut)
04-11-2014, 09:43 AM
So not decided what I want to get yet , So decided to get it done either tomorrow or Monday at latest , Again any suggestions would be appreciated
04-11-2014, 03:49 PM
(04-11-2014 09:43 AM)Jonny Wrote:  So not decided what I want to get yet , So decided to get it done either tomorrow or Monday at latest , Again any suggestions would be appreciated

Jonny, I think your case is best done by opening a hair journey thread. If you are not really sure what you want, it's best that you start a thread and ask for feedback progressively. You will need to try different hairstyles and haircuts (and products) as you go along until you find your ultimate look that you're happy with, which can take you as little as a week or as long as 6 months. Also make sure you have The Men's Hair Book as that book will boost your journey dramatically and really help you in determining what truly suits you.

If you're up for it, you can post pictures in your journey thread with your current post count. The process is essentially as follows:

Take pictures, ask for feedback, get new haircut/hairstyle based on feedback, take pictures, ask for feedback again, correct haircut/style based on more feedback, rinse and repeat; that's the best way to go about it and the reason for opening a forum section where forum members can document their transition to their best look ever.

For what is worth, you don't need to be writing or updating your journey thread every day, it's just a way for all of us to know how you're progressing and give you the best advice based on what you had and will have. So let me know if you want to start your journey thread, and start it by posting at least a front picture to begin with (if you don't know how to embed pictures, check this post).

Other than the above, a medium taper haircut is one that is done with shears (aka scissors) over comb and finishes with a short non-buzzed length. It's a classic look and is also known as a convertible haircut. It suits rounded faces because you can choose how tight you want the taper done. Truly rounded faces (which are rare, I don't think yours will be such) leave some wide angles at the temples which need some self-correcting (in terms of aesthetics) with the hair on the sides of the head. A female hairstylist would be your best choice since she'd be able to let you know ow your taper would look from a lady's perspective since truly round face shapes need a very unique taper to be able to look aesthetic.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  MCCS rising prices for military haircuts with American Clipper Barber 4 2,159 11-18-2014 08:08 PM
Last Post: Unshorn