Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Haircut Suggestion for a Sharper Dapper Hairstyle with Long Hair
05-18-2015, 11:06 AM
Question Haircut Suggestion for a Sharper Dapper Hairstyle with Long Hair
Hi

Can anyone suggest something to do with my hair? At the moment, it is long and messy as you can see here.

I'm not sure if anything suits me other than a tidier version of this?

Any advice on changing style for a while or getting more out of what I have?

Thanks!!

(Pics to Follow As Mods allow!)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-18-2015, 12:40 PM
Tell us more about your hairstyle goals and what length you want for your hair.
Welcome to the forum! I've upgraded your account so that you can post pictures.

Do let us know what kind of hairstyles you're interested in. Are you looking to have shorter hair or keep the same length but clean up the aesthetics and texture of your current length?

Useful links to check is our hair length guide and our Hairstyles and Haircut section (best threads) for lots of hairstyle guides that will give you plenty of hairstyle ideas and references.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
05-19-2015, 01:55 AM
RE: Haircut Suggestion
I don't really know, I think maybe only something like what I have suits me.

When it gets a bit longer like this, it is a mess!

[Image: 0EK1n5r.jpg]
[Image: qGZ46qw.jpg]
[Image: CgC9v0z.jpg]
[Image: nkWXelJ.jpg]
05-19-2015, 07:33 AM
A great hairstyle for you would be a slicked back Undercut with a good pomade!
Well, you certainly have a thick mane of waves, so that's always a good thing. That means that you won't have any issues with gaining hair volume at short hair lengths. On the other hand, that also means that you have to be careful with unwanted volume as your hair will gain it if you don't use the right hair products.

Since you're wanting a sharper and more dapper hairstyle, the best hairstyle for your wavy hair is a slicked back Undercut. As a haircut itself, the Undercut is the king of haircuts as it completely sharpens and cleans most of the head, leaving only hair on the top of the head. This has the added benefit of putting more emphasis on the hairstyle that is on the top of your head, so, if you manage to style your hair nicely, it will look even better with an Undercut haircut.

This is how a good slicked back Undercut hairstyle looks:

[Image: tumblr_lw4cl4poDE1qdgkyb.jpg]

The best thing that you can do at this moment is to go through our slicked back Undercut guide and see all the hairstyle pictures as well as read all the hairstyling advice. The Undercut is an easy haircut that you can do yourself if you have a good hair clipper, although I do recommend that you get your first Undercut haircut at a barbershop or hair salon. The following Undercut haircuts after your first one can then be buzzed by yourself with a good hair clipper with enough power.

Once you get the your Undercut haircut, you will be left with your hair only on the top of the head. Right now your hair seems to be nearing 6 inches of length which is getting outside the optimal hair length range for a slicked back Undercut. When you're at the barbershop or hair salon getting your Undercut, do also tell your barber or hairdresser to remove one inch (i.e. 2 centimeters) off the hair on the top of your head. Make sure to specify the length you want removed as otherwise you run the risk of your barber or hairdresser free-styling a short haircut that will ruin your slicked back Undercut.

To style your hair in a slicked back style, you will need a good pomade. For that, we highly recommend either the Suavecito pomade or the Layrite pomade which are both discussed in the link and you will learn the differences between the Suavecito water pomade and the Layrite water pomade. You will also find in that link the recommended vendors to buy each pomade from.

If in doubt as to which of the pomades in the link above to choose, then get both (if your budget allows for it) as both pomades are cheap, big and will allow you to wear your slicked back Undercut (or any other hairstyle) with different textures, which means that you will have a wider range of hairstyles.

If you're in the UK, then have a look at the first pomade in this list of hair styling products posted in the link for the Joey Essex's hairstyles thread. Just browse down a little past the pictures to find the list of hair products and the pomade (it's the first one on the list and grab it from the linked UK vendor). That one in particular is the Suavecito pomade that is also recommended in the previous linked post comparing Suavecito versus Layrite. To find the UK version of the Layrite pomade, simply search in Amazon for the whole name of the Layrite pomade once you've click through to Amazon from the linked UK vendor in this linked list of products on the Joey Essex's hairstyles thread.

The slicked back Undercut is a very convenient hairstyle as all you need is a good haircut and a good pomade. Actually, and just to ensure that you get the best slicked back hair, do also make sure that you have a good men's comb and not one of those cheap ones made from plastic that break and chip easily.

Have a look at this other list of recommended men's hair products and browse down to the "Best combs" section, which is located at the end of the first post in that list. In there, choose the regular comb with a handle (click its link to see it). Again, if you're in the United Kingdom, just search for that comb in Amazon UK as the recommended comb is actually made in England and is a very sturdy and durable men's comb (I'm talking of lasting you years!).

If you have any questions, then let them know. For now, order your pomade (and comb, if needed) and get yourself down to the barbershop or hair salon to get a neat Undercut haircut! Smile

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
05-19-2015, 08:14 AM
RE: Haircut Suggestion for a Sharper Dapper Hairstyle with Long Hair
Thanks for the suggestion. I think I'd like to go with a version that covers my forehead.

My hair has got to the length now where it sort of just lays there!
05-19-2015, 09:43 AM
The Caesar Cut hairstyle is an excellent men's haircut for a fringe style!
If you'd like a good men's haircut that covers your forehead, then look no further than the stylish Caesar haircut which we cover in our Caesar haircut guide and which has been a classy haircut worn by the likes of George Clooney.

The fringe in a Caesar haircut is left at 2 inches of length, while the rest of the hair on the sides and back of the head are either clipped in an Undercut or taper haircut, or left at the same length as the hair on the top of the head, but with the hair on the sides and back of the head brushed forward so that you have a fringe all through the sides of your face too.

Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  What hairstyle suits best! hadiawan 0 73 12-01-2016 12:45 AM
Last Post: hadiawan
  Help regarding a haircut (undercut) zorrocat1 0 269 10-30-2016 05:26 AM
Last Post: zorrocat1
  Haircut fix Pgreene431 1 189 10-28-2016 02:26 PM
Last Post: Sertinjo
  Widow peak(Short haircut) Alexander 0 214 10-24-2016 06:21 PM
Last Post: Alexander