Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hair style help please.
11-02-2013, 03:20 PM
Hair style help please.
Hi there I came across this site while looking for a different hair style because as of late I'm thinning out on the top of my head. I used to get something similar to the Regulation cut but I'm looking for something new.

Ill post some pictures, the first few will just be my hair normal and the last few will be wet and combed so you can see the extent of the thining and where my hair line is. Any thoughts on what to do would be much appreciated thanks.

[Image: 20131102_130208.jpg]
[Image: 3.jpg]
[Image: 1.jpg]
[Image: 2.jpg]
[Image: 20131102_123029.jpg]
[Image: 4.jpg]
[Image: 6.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-02-2013, 06:39 PM
RE: Hair style help please.
mm I see jon, you look like a norwood III so you still have good styling options!
I like the front fringe hairstyle you have but I think it could look better with more a classical Caesar cut so with this cut you let the sides of the head grow to the same length as the hair on top & then you comb forward the hair on the sides also. Julius Caesar was a norwood V almost and he still looked good with this hairstyle Smile (the name Caesar cut or hairstyle is from his own name as he made it popular with the men in the high social class under Roman empire).
Only thinning is a bit visible when hair is wet but this is expected when thinning, can you show picture of your hair comb to your right side (side part) like for example Romain Dauriac. Also show the hair "lifted off" with fingers to get an idea of your hairstyle options (but dont wet the hair, just your normal dry hair).
This way we get more visual picture as no 2 men thin the same way or have hairstyles suitable for same condition.
11-05-2013, 01:57 PM
Thanks for the reply. Could you post any examples of a modern Caesar cut because when I typed it into google it gave me lots of different looking hair styles but still called it Caesar or just statues of Julius Caesars head.

I was having problems getting a side part so I just combed it to the side
[Image: 1-1.jpg]
[Image: 2-1.jpg]
11-07-2013, 10:45 AM
Looks still good bro! Was a good suggestion from Jurgen as pulling the hair up shows the true hairline shape. Also, as I expected, your hair looks way less thin when dry (this is common BTW). So you really want hairstyles that don't have a wet look.

What is your personal style like? Are you a party man? Workaholic? work in a corporate environment or are you a student? Perhaps a geek? Smile

It depends on your style. While it is true that the hair is thinning, you still have plenty of hair. I believe we discussed with you Rogaine in another thread over at the Hair Loss section, Rogaine will certainly help in that regards although Rogaine works it's best effect on the vertex, but using it now will prevent vertex thinning anyway (and vertex thinning is one mother**** to deal with once it's visible!).

Get back to us with your personal style and also any ideas of hairstyle shape you have or any celebrities' hair you have in mind. The Regulation Cut is a formal and clean hairstyle, so perhaps you're looking for a rock and roller hairstyle!

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
11-11-2013, 09:25 AM
Am just a normal guy I work through the week and like to go out when I can. I don't work in a corporate job I have my own window cleaning business. I like my hair short at the sides and back (I normally get a #1) but just don't know how to style the top?
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  New style wanted Snow23 0 175 10-24-2016 07:54 PM
Last Post: Snow23
Star Curtains hair style or bowl haircut, which hairstyle is better? MrPinkLipstick 1 264 10-06-2016 11:49 AM
Last Post: Sertinjo
  how to style like this? olsson 0 421 05-06-2016 11:48 AM
Last Post: olsson
  How do I style this hair? (Pictures) TwoAP 0 897 03-01-2016 09:47 AM
Last Post: TwoAP