Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hair products, how much do you spend on them monthly?
05-22-2013, 03:10 PM
Hair products, how much do you spend on them monthly?
How much do you usually spend on hair products per month? Any hair product including shampoos and hair loss products.
i usually spend $20 a month, shampoo, conditioner hair gel or pomade. Pretty basic, how about you?

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-22-2013, 05:33 PM
RE: Hair products, how much do you spend on them monthly?
Between 20-30 $, the hair wax and styling products is what kills me.
05-22-2013, 06:27 PM
I pretty much have my own supply for free as product reps give us plenty of freebies. My clients range between $30 to 50 monthly excluding haircuts (we target a specific customer profile though).

Oldschool barber getting it on with the internet era.
05-22-2013, 10:29 PM
Dont spend much on hair products myself. Maybe $10/month. My biggest investment has been a good hair clipper but thats about it.
05-24-2013, 03:11 AM
yeah, I spend on the range of $20 to $30. But Im experimenting with pure coconut butter like Rogelio recommended and it's quite cheap and working pretty well so far.
05-24-2013, 07:16 PM
(05-24-2013 03:11 AM)AfroJay Wrote:  yeah, I spend on the range of $20 to $30. But Im experimenting with pure coconut butter like Rogelio recommended and it's quite cheap and working pretty well so far.

Coconut butter is a godsend for curly men (and women!).

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
05-29-2013, 08:03 PM
I prefer to make my own products by buying raw ingredients. I really could not say as I don't keep much track of monthly costs but it certainly pays a lot in terms of being happy with what I put on my hair.

As a recommendation, be wary of highly-priced hair products; just because it is priced high, it doesn't mean it is intrinsically better.

Author of the two bestselling hair-care books:

The Curly Hair Book: Or How Men Can Now Rock Their Waves, Coils And Kinks (CLICK HERE to read more about the book)

The Men's Hair Book: A Male's Guide To Hair Care, Hair Styles, Hair Grooming, Hair Products and Rocking It All Without The Baloney (CLICK HERE to read more about the book)
06-05-2013, 01:17 PM
Dont really have a established buying of hair products...I just buy whatever on sight if I lkie it Big Grin
06-09-2013, 04:31 PM
Not enough!
06-13-2013, 10:30 PM
I really dont think much about the price, mostly because I dont keep a routine and never know when a product is done. Maybe $20 a month, if any?
06-15-2013, 01:20 PM (This post was last modified: 06-15-2013 01:21 PM by James.)
I just bought one of the hair dryers recommend in the hair dryer thread so the expenses for this month have gone from -not enough- to -a bit elevated- Smile
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  I need help about my hair,products and what to do UltraReflex 0 137 10-31-2016 11:59 PM
Last Post: UltraReflex
  Johnny Marr and products? Blackmass 2 411 09-14-2016 04:57 PM
Last Post: r3dzzz
  Products MrTJQuiffHair99 0 296 02-08-2016 04:27 PM
Last Post: MrTJQuiffHair99
  Quiff hairstyle and losing hair volume with same products GoodHair 4 1,554 09-19-2015 12:25 PM
Last Post: GoodHair