Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hair products for long hair?
06-05-2013, 01:11 PM
Hair products for long hair?
What are good hair products for long hair, I'm looking more for product types like if hair gel, pomades, wax are good for long hair etc I have read hair wax is not good for long hair and instead use other lighter products etc so I'm confused how to proceed. Also some brands for the hair products would be nice..Thanks Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-05-2013, 02:20 PM
RE: Hair products for long hair?
You generally want light products that are easy to wash off to be used for long hair: light gel, some styling creams, hair mousse, some pomades, hair spray and small amounts of oils. You can also avoid hair products and pay attention on the other hand to your sebum.

Oldschool barber getting it on with the internet era.
06-05-2013, 02:51 PM
Like Barber said, light hair products are generally the norm for long hair, more so for curly long hair (be it any of the types: wavy, coiled or kinky). Some specific products you can get suitable for long haired men:

Light hair gel

Natural hair gel

Light Pomade

Water wax pomade

Natural hold hair spray

Styling cream

Light hair mousse

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
06-06-2013, 07:28 AM
Excellent information, guys.

Machado, if you're going to be using any hair products on your long hair (including hair wax), make sure that none gets to coat your scalp. Shampooing frequency tends to be low with long hair which means that it is harder to have a clean scalp if you use difficult-to-remove hair products such as hair waxes or heavy pomades.

Author of the two bestselling hair-care books:

The Curly Hair Book: Or How Men Can Now Rock Their Waves, Coils And Kinks (CLICK HERE to read more about the book)

The Men's Hair Book: A Male's Guide To Hair Care, Hair Styles, Hair Grooming, Hair Products and Rocking It All Without The Baloney (CLICK HERE to read more about the book)
06-09-2013, 04:41 PM
(06-05-2013 02:51 PM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  Light hair gel

Light hair mousse

Yes to these two, when I had long hair it was the light version of hair gel and hair mousse that had my hair most happy with.
06-11-2013, 12:01 PM
What about sebum Rogelio?
I saw your experiments with no shampoo with long hair, can we just use sebum even with long hair?
06-12-2013, 03:55 AM
Alex,

You can absolutely use your sebum alone to manage your long hair; the trick is to get good at my Sebum Coating method and optimally spread your own sebum daily. That's what I did during my 30-day natural hair challenge, and I always go back to my own sebum when I want to keep my grooming routine very minimalistic.

Best.

Author of the two bestselling hair-care books:

The Curly Hair Book: Or How Men Can Now Rock Their Waves, Coils And Kinks (CLICK HERE to read more about the book)

The Men's Hair Book: A Male's Guide To Hair Care, Hair Styles, Hair Grooming, Hair Products and Rocking It All Without The Baloney (CLICK HERE to read more about the book)
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Knotted ,lifeless and quite long hair [Help] theboggart 0 130 11-06-2016 11:52 AM
Last Post: theboggart
  How to get long hair like Johnny Depp hairstyle Sonchek 3 462 10-26-2016 11:53 AM
Last Post: r3dzzz
  Growing Shoulder Length Hair from Medium Hair, How Much Time? damon789 2 526 10-03-2016 09:37 AM
Last Post: The Hairstylist
Wink How to grow long hair like Avan Jogia from short medium haircut zuburaika 6 7,443 09-11-2016 04:33 AM
Last Post: r3dzzz