Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hair product to stop fluffy hair from thickening styling products
05-02-2015, 04:02 AM (This post was last modified: 05-02-2015 04:04 AM by Olishingerz.)
Hair product to stop fluffy hair from thickening styling products
I have fine straight hair that is very limp. I am currently using hairbond moulder for my hair and it works great for giving my hair volume. But it leaves my hair fluffy and it won't stay in place. Is there any products that are a hard hold, kind of like a gel in the way that it doesn't leave your hair fluffy but isn't so heavy seeing as I have fine hair.

I can get my hair thick and volumised but it's fluffy and doesn't stay in place. I have tried to hairspray it in place but because My hair is fluffy it just doesn't work. I need that initial product to make my hair rock solid, fed up of fluffy hair.

Please I'm literally begging someone to help me haha, I've been trying to get the right hair product for about 2 years now. My barbers are useless and have no idea. Please can someone help before I give up.
Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-02-2015, 05:44 AM
You've two options to use thickening hair products for better hairstyles.
One of the common issues with volumizing hair products is that they don't provide as much hold as high-hold waxes and hairstyling gels. This is something to do with the actual swelling of the hair strands from the volumizing products as the bigger hair gets, what I call, a brush-like effect.

Fortunately the above can be solved easily. It's as simple as purchasing another hairstyling product that has a high hold, like a strong hold wax, gel or pomade. In this case, since you're using the Hairbond styling product, you'd first style your hair with that product, and then you'd use another strong-hold product to provide the last finishing touches. In essence, you're using the Hairbond product to lay the foundation for thicker and more-voluminous hair, while the strong-hold wax, gel or pomade is used to actually style and shape.

You've got to be careful, however, when choosing your strong-hold hairstyling product. You want a product that is light enough to not blend with the Hairbond and cause your hair to be over-coated with the products. These are the products that I would recommend to you:
  • For shaping your hair with a high shine, get THIS hair product. If in the UK, get it from HERE.
  • For a strong-hold slicked high-shine look, get THIS hair product. If in the UK, get it from HERE.
  • For a natural-looking hairstyle with a mate finish, get THIS hair product. If in the UK, you can get it from HERE.
  • For styling spikes or other hairstyles where you want your hair to remain hard to the touch as well as vertically (e.g. a Brush Up hairstyle or Blowout hairstyle), get THIS hair product. If you're in the UK, get it from HERE.
Now, one other thing that you can do is drop the Hairbond product and instead use a hair thickening shampoo. With a hair thickening shampoo, you won't run the risk of over-coating your hair with products as you will only be using one styling product to style your hair (any from the list above that I've recommended). So you'd shampoo your hair with the thickening shampoo, and then you would style your hair with any of the above products.

If you can afford it, I would actually recommend that you not only get a hair thickening shampoo but also a hair thickening conditioner. This way you get an additional hair thickening effect and you avoid the fluffy hair as the conditioner works to trap the moisture into the hair strands, which then helps to define and smooth your hair.

If you want to consider the hair thickening shampoo (and thickening conditioner) option, then I'd recommend that you go with THIS shampoo and conditioner bundle. If it's too expensive, then you can always just get the shampoo (THIS one here). Bear in mind that the thickening shampoo and conditioner bundle that I've recommended in the link above is 33 ounces each, which will last you a very long time and hence is the better option if you can afford it.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
05-02-2015, 08:46 AM
RE: Hair product to stop fluffy hair from thickening styling products
Okay that is great information, I would like a brush up hairstyle but for it to look natural but not move, I know it's hard but that would be perfect.

Thanks
05-03-2015, 11:21 AM
A hair spray will work great to keep your hairstyle shaped throughout the day.
(05-02-2015 08:46 AM)Olishingerz Wrote:  Okay that is great information, I would like a brush-up hairstyle but for it to look natural but not move, I know it's hard but that would be perfect.

Thanks

Well then you can use a good hair spray to keep the hair held up. Have a look at this list of good hair sprays for men which I posted and which have different textures and prices. You'd simply spray any of those sprays for a five-second count and your hair would be left vertical (i.e. in the Brush Up hairstyle) but with plenty of flexibility and gloss.

It's important to choose a good hair spray as most hair sprays leave the hair too hard and cardboard-like. Any of the hair sprays that I listed in the linked post above will work very well for your hairstyle goal. Simply use the hair spray once you''re done styling your hair as the hair spray is a finishing product (i.e. it is used to leave your hair in the same hairstyle all day through)! Smile

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Restylable, matte, water-based product for fine, medium-length hair nysharps 0 76 11-29-2016 12:08 AM
Last Post: nysharps
  Which product makes thick hair not clump together? Zatem 0 88 11-11-2016 01:56 PM
Last Post: Zatem
  Best hair styling wax for Asian men hair? Cool Hair Guy 8 24,907 11-07-2016 11:30 PM
Last Post: aliu123
  Looking for new products, requiring some advice (pics at the end) Magikarp_Approves 0 92 11-06-2016 04:05 PM
Last Post: Magikarp_Approves