Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hair loss update with Rogaine and shampoo treatments
07-29-2013, 09:50 PM
Hair loss update with Rogaine and shampoo treatments
quick update:
I finally decided to try Rogaine and have been using it for almost a month after reading the hair loss product thread in this section of the forum. I'm using the same one listed in the thread and i'm noticing some good results, already see some baby hairs coming out from the temples but the biggest effect is on the crown so in the back of the head where i had some major thinning going on--
Call me too optimistic but i can see the results in the mirror, never thought that the crown could get some hair back. Its nothing huge but i can see it and so can others which boosts my confidence as i'm balding and still young.
I'm also using other products listed in the thread, basically the regenepure shampoo and aminexil but I have read Rogaine is the one that drives the hair regrowth. What do you think pals, woudl it be the Rogaine alone? Combination of the three products? Am i doing good by being optimistic or could I be fooling myself?
Thank you all for having helped me in the past with my questions too. I would not be here with some regrowth if it wasn't for this forum Wink
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-30-2013, 03:03 AM (This post was last modified: 07-30-2013 03:04 AM by annywatson.)
RE: Hair loss update with Rogaine and shampoo treatments
For hair loss genetic factors and male hormone DHT are responsible for hair loss.

Without genetic vulnerability hair loss will not happen.While testing if hair loss genes are found then we can say person is vulnerable to hair loss.

In that case person has not yet gone for hair loss that means his genes are inactivated.There might me one more condition if DHT hormone is absent then hair loss will not happen if geneteic genes are present.

Those cases where DHT Concentration is high and loss genes are activated then hair loss is faster in those people If a person is in his 20's, hair loss gene is activated and the DHT concentration is very high hair loss is fastest.

But if hair loss genes get activated in 50's,the DHT concentration is on the lower side,the hair loss is very gradual.

if the person has genetic vulnerability , hair loss genes activated,the age of hair loss gene activation is going to determine that at what pace hair loss will occur.

AT which stage of life or at what age these genes activated cannot be predicted.If these genes are activated we can predict the course of hair loss depending on the age at which hair loss genes getactivated.The pace of hair loss is directly related to the concentration of DHT.Faster it is more hair loss will occur.

--------------------
Ge the f*ck out of our forum with your spamming, son
07-30-2013, 02:37 PM
thats great Vlad.
How long are you going to be with the rogaine?

Oldschool barber getting it on with the internet era.
07-30-2013, 03:51 PM
lol at the spammer above getting banned.
vladimir so after 3 weeks you are getting results with Rogaine too?
07-30-2013, 03:57 PM
Vladimir I'm so glad it helped! I remember you had been looking for a while for remedies for your hair loss so this is certainly good news Smile

(07-30-2013 03:51 PM)Zorba Wrote:  lol at the spammer above getting banned.

You can't imagine the amount of spam that surrounds the hair loss niche, that's why we built this forum to stop rats like this and tell things as they are for hair loss, hairstyles, getting haircuts etc Smile

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
07-31-2013, 04:01 PM
(07-30-2013 02:37 PM)Barber Wrote:  thats great Vlad.
How long are you going to be with the rogaine?

until it stops working, i read the minoxidil keeps working on and on but it needs to be applied regularly so whatever as i dont mind the application for now.

(07-30-2013 03:51 PM)Zorba Wrote:  lol at the spammer above getting banned.
vladimir so after 3 weeks you are getting results with Rogaine too?

yes!! Big Grin couldnt be any happier and i read that the results become more visible after 3 months so fingers crossed!

(07-30-2013 03:57 PM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  Vladimir I'm so glad it helped! I remember you had been looking for a while for remedies for your hair loss so this is certainly good news Smile

aw thanks guys, i couldnt have done it without this forum and you guys showing me all the infottmation on hair loss treatments etc big boost of confidence for me so thank you!
08-03-2013, 05:48 PM
yeah Rogaine looks to top at the three month mark but Ive seen plenty of my barbershop customers still get results even after a year of daily use. Rogaine is an excellent hair loss product especially if you are a good responder Smile

Oldschool barber getting it on with the internet era.
08-06-2013, 11:23 PM
(07-29-2013 09:50 PM)Vladimir Wrote:  quick update:
I finally decided to try Rogaine and have been using it for almost a month after reading the hair loss product thread in this section of the forum. I'm using the same one listed in the thread...

hey Vladimir congrats on the progress!!
I know couple of guys who also have some success stories with minoxidil and improving their nutrition
02-27-2015, 09:11 AM (This post was last modified: 02-27-2015 09:12 AM by Vladimir.)
Just an update guys, it's close to a year and a half.
I'm still using the Rogaine and it is holding up very well. The crown was practically regrown so I was amazed with that. Regrowth also around the temples where the receding was going on. No hair loss or at least anything noticeable and I did get loads of people asking about my hair by the sixth month, if not earlier than that. So the regrowth was noticed by others too but it wasn't a case of people thinking I was wearing a toupee or had a hair transplant. It was instead like filling up what I had lost so it was a natural regrowth pattern.

I have also been testing other hair product combinations to add more oomph to the Rogaine. The ketoconazole shampoo, fish oil, biotin, salicylic acid and pretty much the rest of products in the OTC products thread. They've worked good to enhance the hair regrowth of Rogaine. It's true when you guys say how Rogaine was just a tool of the many more to use in the battle against male hair loss Smile
The only thing is that I'm scared to go off the Rogaine and lose my hair again. The Rogaine foam preparation in the OTC products thread isn't very expensive and worth a shot if you wanna take your hair loss seriously so I can see myself going forward with the Rogaine until I get tired of it in a couple of years or more. Side effects have been practically zero too.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Is this hair loss? AwesomeHair 0 415 09-11-2016 05:31 AM
Last Post: AwesomeHair
  Has my topknot caused hair loss? -KANE- 0 388 08-18-2016 11:14 AM
Last Post: -KANE-
  Natural alternative solutions for treating hair loss alexdeen75 1 463 07-23-2016 11:29 PM
Last Post: Reborn Hair PPP
  Hair Loss Products for Men OTC TheMensHairForum 35 27,756 05-18-2016 03:16 PM
Last Post: williadl