Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hair loss in right temple with a healthy hairline
04-06-2015, 08:57 PM
Hair loss in right temple with a healthy hairline
I am 20 years old and use to be able to have a decent lineup at a near shaved head, over the past 2 years the right corner has really receded and i'm not sure exactly what to do now for a hairstyle/lineup. Would i just take off the side that grows hair in the corner, and match them up for a lineup?

Can provide pictures if needed.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-04-2015, 07:48 AM
A slightly asymmetric hairline in men is not uncommon but wide asymmetry is uncommon.
Welcome to the forum!

A slight asymmetry at the hairline is completely normal as the asymmetry can be caused by the actual layout of the hair follicles or by your upper face and forehead which may too be slightly asymmetric (this is very common too). Wide asymmetry, however, is uncommon and could point to male pattern baldness or some other form of hair loss that is worth investigating.

I've upgraded your account so that you can post pictures and embed them here for us to take a look. Do you have any cases of balding or receding hairlines in your family (go back to 4 generations in your family tree). Any male or female members in your family with asymmetric forehead hairlines?

Hair density, thickness, shape and layout is determined at the genetic level. Of course, male pattern baldness can completely severely impact one's hair negatively, but, if your hair is healthy and balding-free, your asymmetric hairline would be caused by your genes and you would very likely have at least one family member with the same hairline shape.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
05-27-2015, 10:48 AM
RE: Hair loss in right temple with a healthy hairline
I just posted in another thread a picture of a famous male model who also has an asymmetric hairline. His name is Ben Dahlhaus and he is known for his long hair in a man bun hairstyle and hipster beard. Ben Dahlhaus' hairline is asymmetric and if a guy like him can be a top male model then I doubt that some asymmetry in your hairline is going to kill your hairstyle aesthetics.

Check out Ben Dahlhaus asymmetric hairline!

[Image: dafd4d7cd28777053ecc965a5cd10f74.jpg]
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Help. Not sure about the state of my hairline. Rivere 0 346 10-21-2016 01:51 PM
Last Post: Rivere
Shocked 21 years old. I am going bald, having maturing hairline or just paranoic HardRocker995 0 1,160 09-22-2016 09:30 AM
Last Post: HardRocker995
  Is this hair loss? AwesomeHair 0 414 09-11-2016 05:31 AM
Last Post: AwesomeHair
  Has my topknot caused hair loss? -KANE- 0 388 08-18-2016 11:14 AM
Last Post: -KANE-