Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hair in the middle of my hairline
04-11-2014, 12:27 PM
Hair in the middle of my hairline
Every time I style my hair, a few hairs near the center of my hairline always fall down. Is there a reason for this? I've also noticed I'm able to see my scalp near the center of my hairline, is that normal?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-19-2014, 09:03 AM (This post was last modified: 04-19-2014 09:05 AM by GoodHair.)
RE: Hair in the middle of my hairline
As an update to this, for the past 2 weeks my hair hasn't been holding the style despite using the same wax, shampoo, and conditioner. It always falls down the in the same part of my bangs. I'm hoping the hair hasn't been burnt. Anyone know what's up? Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.
04-19-2014, 09:21 AM
(04-19-2014 09:03 AM)GoodHair Wrote:  As an update to this, for the past 2 weeks my hair hasn't been holding the style despite using the same wax, shampoo, and conditioner. It always falls down the in the same part of my bangs. I'm hoping the hair hasn't been burnt. Anyone know what's up? Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Is your hair any softer than you noticed it before? Is it getting longer? These may seem like silly questions, but sometimes subtle changes can make a big difference

Regarding the burnt thing, do you use a hairdryer/straighteners on the regular?
04-19-2014, 09:49 AM
(04-19-2014 09:03 AM)GoodHair Wrote:  As an update to this, for the past 2 weeks my hair hasn't been holding the style despite using the same wax, shampoo, and conditioner. It always falls down the in the same part of my bangs. I'm hoping the hair hasn't been burnt. Anyone know what's up? Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

I don't understand, why would your hair be burnt? Can you mention if ou are using heating tools? Heating cools for men (mostly) include:
  • Hair dryer
  • Hair straightener aka flat iron
  • Curling iron
We have many forum members using the above heat styling tools, and, if you misuse any of these tools, you will burn your hair. The question is, are you using any of these heat styling tools?

If you are using the above tools, you should be using a heat tamer aka heat protectant; this is especially so for men who have naturally thin hair (which is probably your case). I highly suggest that you stop the styling tools for now, get a heat tamer and then proceed with the use of the styling tools. W highly recommend this heat tamer which is really good for protecting the hair from the heat and it is an affordable product too.

Mention to us if you are using the above or anything else you're doing for you to think your hair is "burnt".

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
04-19-2014, 04:37 PM
I've always used a hair dryer time to time and it's never been a problem. The only thing I can think of is when I used a curling iron for the first time two weeks ago without heat protector spray. I haven't used it since though.

I've attached two photos to show where the hair is falling down from and that middle spot I was talking about. Also I don't believe I have thin hair since I've gotten comments on my hair density in the past, but I'm not 100% sure, if anyone could help determine my hair type that would help as well.

Thanks.

[Image: image_zpsde8f26a7.jpg]
[Image: image_zpse5b5a3c1.jpg]
04-21-2014, 11:59 AM
Your hair is not burnt.
04-22-2014, 04:13 AM
(04-21-2014 11:59 AM)Jurgen Wrote:  Your hair is not burnt.
Thanks, so any idea why I am getting that area of low hair density in the middle?
04-24-2014, 06:49 AM (This post was last modified: 04-24-2014 06:49 AM by AD120790.)
You'll have to keep us updated on the situation. I am no expert but I do like to help when I can. As the fantastic Jurgen said above, you are not burnt, I know that for sure as I have been burnt a few years ago from past straightener abuse.
04-24-2014, 12:55 PM
It's good to know that it's not burnt. But what would the problem be then?

Also on a related note, would you guys say I have thick or thin hair?
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Lightbulb Hairline asymmetry is normal, even Ben Dahlhaus has it! Cool Hair Guy 2 2,782 06-04-2015 11:23 AM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum
  Natural Middle Part Hairstyle with Cowlicks, How to Style? GoodHair 3 2,526 02-05-2014 12:17 AM
Last Post: SurveenA4