Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hair in a bun is pulling
11-06-2014, 05:53 AM
Hair in a bun is pulling
so I try to tie my hair in a bun, I kinda pull it off, but I can feel that the hairs in my neck area are pulling, because it reaches the bun with some difficulty, is this bad for my hair? Will it cause hair loss since it's really pulling? Should I wait so that it grows out a bit more, to tie it a bit easier?

The bun looks loose, but believe me my hair in the neck area is pulling..

[Image: 2evw3yh.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-06-2014, 09:54 AM
RE: Hair in a bun is pulling
Your hair grows really fast. Didn't you have like the slick back undercut in the Jake Gyllenhaal thread?
Actually the man bun especially at that length is supposed to pull the hair. You can see the man bun guide how lots of guys keep the hair very tense. Is this good for aesthetics? yes. Is this good for the hair? no.

Since you grow your hair so fast - damn you really do lol - then wait a couple more months & get your man bun loose like Jared leto in the link. Or wait a little bit more to grow it long so it looks like this below - bun is by a girl but it is the same for a guy.

[Image: 6785476363_cb0222b05c_z.jpg]
11-06-2014, 10:29 AM (This post was last modified: 11-06-2014 10:30 AM by SAMCRO.)
haha do you really think my hair grows fast? My Jake Gyllenhaal haircut was back in october 2013, more than a year ago, but I did shorten my hair somewhere in may 2014, otherwise my hair would be longer.

I'll have a look at the links you provided, thank you. I plan on growing it a bit more to tie my hair in a bun without the tension. I also see a lot of hair strands in my hair tie once I take the tie out, that kinda worries me.

Off Topic: is there any way to change my username? due to private issues.
11-06-2014, 12:45 PM
Yeah i remember you too from that thread. Good hair growth dude. The times I tried to put my coils into a man bun I also feel the pressure. It is heaviest on the hairline so I don't feel very comfortable with that. I would put my bun higher up like you see in some of the man buns in that guide.

One thing I did learn from this forum is that there is something bout aesthetics and then there is something about hair care. You probably read the curly hair book or the mens hair book like the rest of us lol and you learned of how important hair care really is with all the pulling and breaking of the hair. Then you have the cool hairstyles with aesthetics that sacrifice the hair care.

I think it is the same with all those youtube channels. I don't see them for the most part but I have seen a few vids where they pull and brush and bleach the hair just for the aesthetics of the moment. For me imo I would just grow it a bit longer which is what I have done too but then I will trim it a bit 'cos I keep changing my mind lol
11-06-2014, 06:12 PM (This post was last modified: 11-06-2014 06:13 PM by SAMCRO.)
thanks man, you're right about the aesthetics part. I think I will go for a short hairstyle around february though, time will tell.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------