Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hair cycle and nutrition
04-15-2015, 10:57 AM
Hair cycle and nutrition
I recently changed up my diet so that's it's a lot healthier. How long would it take until I start seeing the benefits from such a diet in terms of hair quality? I read that hair takes a couple months to go through all the cycles, so does that mean you would have to wait months for the cycle to repeat before you start seeing healthier hair?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-16-2015, 06:52 AM
RE: Hair cycle and nutrition
The hair cycle isn't measured in months, it's measured in years. Basically a hair grows from the follicle non stop for about two to eight years. It then goes into a maturing phase and falls off to make space for a new hair strand to grow from the same follicle that belonged to the hair than naturally fell off. The life cycle span of a hair is determined by your genes and it's why some people can grow their hair to their ankles while others will never get their hair to grow longer than shoulder length.

Now that you have made your diet changes you will begin to notice healthy hair on the new hair that grows from this very day. In about a month's time you will have over a centimetre or half an inch of new hair growth which is small enough to see the difference in its structure quality compared to the structure of that same hair on the tips. The tips of your hair is your old hair growth prior to your changes in your diet so contrast them to see the changes in hair quality. It's the same hair strand at the end of the day only that the new hair growth has been produced with better nutrition.

It will also depend on your current hair length when it comes to spotting your hair as visibly healthier. If you have short hair you will notice the changes in weeks. If you have long hair then it will take longer as a mere centimetre is nothing if you have twenty centimetres of hair length already.

Even as you won't be noticing the changes in the next couple of weeks do still continue with your better nutrition. Your follicles are building the blocks for new hair growth non stop, so as soon as you give them better nutrients they will take those nutrients to build better hair. It's just that hair growth is a slow process and it's not easy to spot to the untrained eye if you already have a good amount of hair length which was produced with a bad diet.

If you really want to notice your new hair growth as soon as possible you can buzz your hair. So you essentially cut off all the old hair growth that was produced with a bad diet. That way you will know that as the hair grows from a buzz cut, it will be healthier and stronger hair that will look both better and be easier to style and take care off.
04-18-2015, 05:46 AM
Thanks for the very informative reply Bradley. I'm growing my hair out at the moment so I definitely wouldn't want to buzz it haha, but as you said, I suppose the length is why I can't tell too much of a difference yet. I'm going to continue with my nutrition and even take some pictures to see if I can tell a difference before and after. I'll give a month or twos time, and will provide updates for you guys.
05-11-2015, 10:03 AM
Good man I see you're putting a good effort in getting the most of your hair, if only our barbershop customers were like that! Keep up with the effort especially if you're growing your hair longer. Once you're there with your final length it's pretty easy to maintain and you'll have learnt a lot about your hair in the couple of months that you spend growing it.

One more thing to say is that better nutrition should not just be a temporary change to grow better hair. This is because your hair is along the first parts of your body to show up that your diet is poor so if you're worried about hair aesthetics then it's in your interest to have a minimum level of good nutrients. But other than that it's good to change your diet for the better and ideally this should be a thing that stays permanent. I'm sure you're planning on something along those lines but it's sad to see so many guys expecting great hairstyle aesthetics from buying an expensive product and from getting an expensive haircut. It just doesn't work that way and it's why so many guys aren't happy with their hair and hairstyles.

Cheers mate and i look forward to seeing more pictures of how your hair growing is doing! Smile
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------