Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hair clipper length for buzz cut of Tom Cruise in Minority Report?
07-30-2015, 09:50 PM
Hair clipper length for buzz cut of Tom Cruise in Minority Report?
I've been thinking about getting a buzz cut, but I'm afraid to go too short.

I like Tom Cruise's buzz cut in Minority Report. Anyone know what hair clipper length was used? Is it a #6?

Thanks.

Moderator edit: this question was initially posted at our Buzz Cut haircut guide.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-31-2015, 07:57 AM
The buzz cut hairstyle of Tom Cruise in Minority Report is a number 5 clipper length.
The hair clipper number for Tom Cruise's buzz cut would be anything from a number 5 hair clipper length and higher. His haircut is a crew cut which can be done with the higher clipper lengths as well as with the lower clipper lengths. Depending on the type of hair clipper used, you will get different lengths, but just get any number on the hair clipper that is higher than a five.

If you're going to the barbershop for the buzz cut, then ask for that hair clipper number, if they don't have it, then ask them for what's the next highest hair clipper length available. That will do the trick.

[Image: bbdf4abe9b7717bcc702ad78e061b288.jpg]

[Image: d951cc7773ab08ca79da9e22f92d09df.jpg]

[Image: 35d3e06110eae0dbb58bb67eae5eb38a.jpg]

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
07-31-2015, 08:06 AM
RE: Hair clipper length for buzz cut of Tom Cruise in Minority Report?
I usually go to a hair salon since I color my hair too Big Grin

Thanks for posting those photos. That's EXACTLY the kinda style I'm going for!!!

I actually think Cruise looks his best with the shorter hair. It defines his facial features so much more and he looks so much younger if you ask me.
08-01-2015, 08:46 AM
There are plenty of short haircuts for men to make you look younger!
Yes, I agree. Buzz cuts tend to remove years off your face as such short haircuts are synonyms of a military allure (i.e. young military guys). In fact, with a buzz cut, you're bound to have, sooner or later, someone ask you if you're in the military.

The crew cut haircut (i.e. the haircut of Tom Cruise in Minority Report) is also associated with young college guys from the Ivy League universities as the crew cut is a step down from the classic Ivy League haircut. While the Ivy League haircut used to be a popular hairstyle among university students at the Ivy League universities in the 1970s and 1980s, the crew cut hairstyle was popular among British university students at Cambridge university and Oxford university, especially with their boat racing teams.

There are many other short haircuts that will remove years off your face and we've covered them all in our short men's haircuts guide which details all short cuts from the buzz cuts like the Burr Cut to the longer Ivy League hairstyle. Worth reading the guide if you dig the shorter men's haircuts!

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
08-04-2015, 09:19 PM
RE: Hair clipper length for buzz cut of Tom Cruise in Minority Report?
Anyone have any particular favorite or go-to hair products when their hair is this short?

I definitely prefer a natural, matte look, but something with a decent enough hold to it, too.

TIGI Bed Head Matte Separation is a solid product, though I'm not sure it's the best product for my fine hair. The hold is superb, though.

Any thoughts on Bumble & Bumble's Sumotech?
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Ryan Reynolds Haircut Length? Ca7eb 3 1,453 04-11-2016 07:10 PM
Last Post: possetalus
  Paul McCartney haircut advice about bangs and hair length hiwtwjl 1 2,504 09-17-2015 02:58 AM
Last Post: hiwtwjl
  Jordi Alba buzz cut haircut pictures after Champions League win Bradley 0 1,547 06-09-2015 07:31 AM
Last Post: Bradley
  Tom Cruise Mission Impossible 2 hairstyle and hair pictures Bradley 2 9,888 03-29-2015 09:50 PM
Last Post: shahrukhch1