Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Hair Wax or Styling Gel to get Best Spiky Hairstyle for Men?
11-25-2013, 09:59 PM (This post was last modified: 11-25-2013 10:02 PM by choco00934141.)
Tongue Hair Wax or Styling Gel to get Best Spiky Hairstyle for Men?
I have thick, medium length hair, and I am planning to get a spiky hairstyle.

The problem is that my hair won't stand up easily, maybe i need to cut my hair? I am not sure.

1. I am not sure of which is better, hair styling gel or hair wax?

2. Is a spiky hairstyle going to fit my face shape?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-26-2013, 01:18 PM
RE: Wax or Gel?
Hair gel gives a harder look for the hair, looks more artificial and great to define the spikes. Get this hair gel.
Hair wax gives more natural hair look, better for messy hairstyle not so much shaping the spikes. Get this hair wax.
Yea a spikes hairstyle would suit you.
11-26-2013, 03:46 PM
tnx for the links..

i have another question..

which size of spiky hair would fit me? small or medium?

A)

[Image: 4P4RC53.jpg]

B)

[Image: YkOAp3p.jpg]
11-26-2013, 04:12 PM
Choco00934141, read the rules, no posting of links to other sites by non-staff members, only embedded images. I have had to edit your post to remove the links and turn them to images. If you don't know how to embed images, then read this FAQ. Either enclose the image URL in [img] [/img] tags or use the "insert image" function in your text editor (square with a mountain and sun icon).

With regards to your hairstyle, go with option B. Getting very defined spikes with a spikes hairstyle takes too long (as in option A). Go with option B and use the hair wax Jurgen recommended which is excellent for that kind of hairstyle actually.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
11-26-2013, 04:31 PM
oh i forgot about the image tags, coz quick reply doesnt have those options -_-

next time i will press the "New Reply" button to access all features.

-------
tnx for suggestion.
11-26-2013, 06:12 PM
(11-26-2013 04:31 PM)choco00934141 Wrote:  oh i forgot about the image tags, coz quick reply doesnt have those options -_-

next time i will press the "New Reply" button to access all features.

-------
tnx for suggestion.

Don't worry buddy, I know you meant well.

If you are posting as a "Quick Reply" instead of clicking "New Reply", and you have already written your post in "Quick Reply", then simply click on the Preview button which will allow you to preview your post in full and will display your text in the full editor too (so you can use then the "insert image" button to embed any images you want) Wink

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
11-26-2013, 07:20 PM (This post was last modified: 11-26-2013 07:23 PM by choco00934141.)
1. do i need to use specific shampoo for this hairstyle? i currently use head & shoulders.

2. do i need to buy "many" products for my hair? right now i only use shampoo.

3. on the option B, is it called Messy or Spiky haircut? im trying to find guide on how to get a X haircut.
11-27-2013, 02:29 PM
Hair products you need:

Shampoo, just use the one you have or buy this one
Conditioner
Hair wax
Hair gel
The Mens Hair Book you will find the instructions for the spikes hairstyle in that book
You could buy more products but for the spikes hairstyle that's all you will need to start.
11-27-2013, 10:31 PM (This post was last modified: 11-27-2013 10:32 PM by choco00934141.)
few questions more..

1. if i use the Wax u recommended, will it become weak if it gets into touch with snow?

2. i haven't used Wax before, so if i will be doing Messy hairstyle, do i need to apply wax 1 time per day? or multiple times?
11-27-2013, 10:39 PM
Well if the snow melts in your hair, it may weaken if the snow melts in your hair. Probably needs quite a bit snow though so I think you would be fine with just 1 apply
11-27-2013, 11:52 PM
so wearing cap/hoodie is totally not recommended with spiky hairstyle?
11-28-2013, 12:28 PM (This post was last modified: 11-28-2013 12:28 PM by Bradley.)
(11-27-2013 10:31 PM)choco00934141 Wrote:  few questions more..

1. if i use the Wax u recommended, will it become weak if it gets into touch with snow?

2. i haven't used Wax before, so if i will be doing Messy hairstyle, do i need to apply wax 1 time per day? or multiple times?

Snow is frozen water after all so it will be like wetting your hair which will break the hairstyle a bit. Use wax when you style the hair so once a day in the morning.

(11-27-2013 02:29 PM)Jurgen Wrote:  Hair products you need:

Shampoo, just use the one you have or buy this one
Conditioner
Hair wax
Hair gel
The Mens Hair Book you will find the instructions for the spikes hairstyle in that book
You could buy more products but for the spikes hairstyle that's all you will need to start.

That is great hair product package to start with Jurgen Smile
11-28-2013, 10:08 PM
(11-27-2013 11:52 PM)choco00934141 Wrote:  so wearing cap/hoodie is totally not recommended with spiky hairstyle?

Just think about it... what's the point in styling your hair spikey if your going to wear a hat or have a hood on.....
11-29-2013, 08:03 PM
^
that's the problem im facing, im here in toronto, winter just started. and i really want to change my hairstyle.

which one to choose, hairstyle or comfort? Tongue
11-29-2013, 10:46 PM (This post was last modified: 11-29-2013 10:47 PM by choco00934141.)
also....

1. will this gel + spray work for my hairstyle?
2. and the technique he used, good?
3. what is the use of hair spray? isn't gel or wax enough to hold the hair?
11-30-2013, 05:58 AM
(11-29-2013 10:46 PM)choco00934141 Wrote:  also....

1. will this gel + spray work for my hairstyle?
2. and the technique he used, good?
3. what is the use of hair spray? isn't gel or wax enough to hold the hair?

You don't need to use hair spray for that hairstyle, the dude who was on that video only used hair spray because he is selling you that product. For that kind of hairstyle you need what we have described you.

Likewise the technique that dude used is not good, NEVER pull your hair like that dude does, instead do it softly and using your fingers as a rake.

I have just sent you a personal message.

11-30-2013, 09:46 AM
@TheMensHairForum

thanks for feedback, why should we NEVER pull our hair like that? i just want to know. lol.

------------
also, i already activated my account, but it wont let me see Private Messages. pls check the problem. thanks
12-02-2013, 08:53 AM (This post was last modified: 12-02-2013 08:53 AM by Barber.)
(11-30-2013 09:46 AM)choco00934141 Wrote:  @TheMensHairForum

thanks for feedback, why should we NEVER pull our hair like that? i just want to know. lol.

------------
also, i already activated my account, but it wont let me see Private Messages. pls check the problem. thanks

Don't post youtube videos unless you have permission from a moderator or from TheMensHairForum or other admins.
The technique used by that chap is downright horrible, hair is very easy to damage and follicles can only sustain so much pull tension before damage occurs.
Never pull your hair, anyone who shows you to style your hair like that has no idea how to style hair for the long term and that youtube channel you posted is notorious for giving bad hairstyling advice.

Oldschool barber getting it on with the internet era.
12-03-2013, 04:58 PM (This post was last modified: 12-03-2013 04:59 PM by choco00934141.)
@TheMensHairForum
pls activate my Private Message feature in my account. thanks

@ Barber
thanks for that info, i never knew that posting Youtube links not allowed.
i dont know what's wrong with youtube videos, i was just asking by providing that link if that technique is good or bad.
and how can i get permission from moderator, i cant even PM them or check my private messages.

not complaining, just saying. Big Grin
12-03-2013, 09:01 PM (This post was last modified: 12-03-2013 09:01 PM by Midnite.)
I would recommend you use wax by the looks of your hair. If you still have trouble with spiking your hair up, try thinning it more while still having texture. If you want to go for the look similar to the pictures, seems like they used gel, but if you want your hair to look more natural with spikes, use a matte wax. Hair spray isn't needed most of the time for those hair styles, maybe if you need it to stay in place the whole time, spray some in problem areas.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Best hair products for slicked back hairstyle Lordius 14 204,387 11-05-2015 11:26 AM
Last Post: ad4mkoala
Question Good hairstyle products to style thinning hair? Vladimir 7 25,177 08-16-2014 10:06 AM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum
  Best Pomades for the Slicked Back Hairstyle TheMensHairForum 2 39,218 01-06-2014 10:50 AM
Last Post: Jurgen