Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hair Product for fine straight flat hair
04-28-2015, 01:42 AM
Hair Product for fine straight flat hair
Hi guys,

I have fine straight hair which is an absolutely nightmare to style in a short messy quiff.

I have spent about £100 on styling products so far just to find one that will hold my hair up. My current process for styling my hair is: I blow dry my hair up and in the position I want it, I then use the paste to mould it into place which is pretty difficult to do, then to top it off I use got2b freeze spray to freeze it in place. This hairstyle is dry and lasts about an hour at most.

If someone can help me find a product that will hold my hair for at least 6 hours that would be amazing.

Thanks

Oli
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2015, 07:23 AM
RE: Hair Product for fine straight flat hair
I can understand what you're going thru & for starters you're doing one thing right: you're using a hair dryer. Hair dryers will give you lots of volume that you cannot achieve with anything else so you got that sorted. However you want to get the right hair product to thicken up the hair & increase the volume.

You need to get hair products that are designed to thicken & volumize hair. These products swell the structure of the hair & add a layer of product so that you kill 2 birds with one stone. Your hair is getting swollen & you have a film of product that makes your hair look thicker.

One hair product combo that we highly recommend in this forum is the use of a hair dryer with a good styling mousse. It's a combo that works really well & there's guys in the forum who have gone on it & found it to work extremely well. It's also a hair product combo that we recommend for men with male pattern baldness as one of the effects of male pattern baldness is that the hair thins out progressively.

Since you're in the United Kingdom - from your use of pounds - I recommend that you get this styling mousse - see it in the link. It's specifically designed for augmenting hair volume & giving your hair an uplift. Styling mousses do by default increase volume but that styling mousse in the link is even more volumizing so buy that one & use it with your hair dryer. The styling mousse also has a good hold so it will help for keeping your hair styled up, so the opposite of flat.

The finish of the styling mousse that I have recommended above is a shiny finish. Also if you would rather buy that same styling mousse from the USA, you can also get it from this vendor.

Another product that you can try is a hair thickening wax. So you have a hairstyling wax that does all the goodies of a regular wax - like shaping & holding - but it also thickens your hair & gives you more volume, especially when styling your hair up & with a hair dryer. See why it's great that you already have a hair dryer? Smile It just makes everything much easier.

If you want to try a hair thickening wax, go with this hair-shaping wax in the UK - see it in the link. If you'd rather buy it from the USA, you can also get that same hair-shaping wax from this vendor here. This hair-shaping wax I've recommend in the link will thicken your hair & make it bulkier. It will also allow you to shape your hair & keep it up or in any other shape you want. The finish in this hair-shaping wax is a matte finish.

If you can afford it, I recommend that you get both the styling mouse & the hair-shaping wax. This way you will have a choice of different textures. One day you can make your hair thicker & with more volume & with plenty of shine using the styling mousse I recommended. Another day you can make your hair thicker & with more volume & with a matte low-shine finish by using the hair-shaping wax I've also recommended.

Both products are quite affordable so consider getting both if it's within your budget. But if you can only buy one, then that's fine & you will now have in your "toolbox" a hairstyling product that you can use any time that you want to have thicker & more voluminous hair! Smile
04-28-2015, 11:49 AM
Thank you very much for your reply,

I am only 18 year's old, not earning that much money at the moment. I have alot of hair and it's just naturally thin and fine. If there is anything slightly cheaper that would be great, I have ordered the Hairbond Moulder though so it's not a problem.

The thing is, I can always style my hair how I want it, it just lasts about an hour and just goes flat after that. I have no idea how to keep the hair in place.

Any more suggestions would be great,

Thank you

Oli
04-28-2015, 12:16 PM
On top of waxes I'd recommend clay and this nice "styling powder" - kind of product by the product line called "By Vilain" - Blow. You can just kind of spray/blow it into your hair or rub it into your hands and then work it into your head that way, any way you want it. Regardless of the method you're using to get it into your hair it provides volume, great hold and a matte finish. I'd say it's much easier to work with than waxes or clays for example. Smile

And as Jurgen said, pre-styling products like styling mousse are a killer combo when combined with the blow dryer. Tongue
04-28-2015, 11:38 PM
It's a bit pricey Tongue but I will possible give it a try.

I have no real problem with styling it in position, I'm just finding it hard to keep it there throughout the day Sad
04-30-2015, 07:22 AM
(04-28-2015 07:23 AM)Jurgen Wrote:  I can understand what you're going thru & for starters you're doing one thing right: you're using a hair dryer. Hair dryers will give you lots of volume that you cannot achieve with anything else so you got that sorted. However you want to get the right hair product to thicken up the hair & increase the volume.

You need to get hair products that are designed to thicken & volumize hair. These products swell the structure of the hair & add a layer of product so that you kill 2 birds with one stone. Your hair is getting swollen & you have a film of product that makes your hair look thicker.

One hair product combo that we highly recommend in this forum is the use of a hair dryer with a good styling mousse. It's a combo that works really well & there's guys in the forum who have gone on it & found it to work extremely well. It's also a hair product combo that we recommend for men with male pattern baldness as one of the effects of male pattern baldness is that the hair thins out progressively.

Since you're in the United Kingdom - from your use of pounds - I recommend that you get - see it in the link. It's specifically designed for augmenting hair volume & giving your hair an uplift. Styling mousses do by default increase volume but that styling mousse in the link is even more volumizing so buy that one & use it with your hair dryer. The styling mousse also has a good hold so it will help for keeping your hair styled up, so the opposite of flat.

The finish of the styling mousse that I have recommended above is a shiny finish. Also if you would rather buy that same styling mousse from the USA, you can also get it

Another product that you can try is a hair thickening wax. So you have a hairstyling wax that does all the goodies of a regular wax - like shaping & holding - but it also thickens your hair & gives you more volume, especially when styling your hair up & with a hair dryer. See why it's great that you already have a hair dryer? Smile It just makes everything much easier.

If you want to try a hair thickening wax, go with in the UK - see it in the link. If you'd rather buy it from the USA, you can also get that same hair-shaping wax from. This hair-shaping wax I've recommend in the link will thicken your hair & make it bulkier. It will also allow you to shape your hair & keep it up or in any other shape you want. The finish in this hair-shaping wax is a matte finish.

If you can afford it, I recommend that you get both the styling mouse & the hair-shaping wax. This way you will have a choice of different textures. One day you can make your hair thicker & with more volume & with plenty of shine using the styling mousse I recommended. Another day you can make your hair thicker & with more volume & with a matte low-shine finish by using the hair-shaping wax I've also recommended.

Both products are quite affordable so consider getting both if it's within your budget. But if you can only buy one, then that's fine & you will now have in your "toolbox" a hairstyling product that you can use any time that you want to have thicker & more voluminous hair! Smile

I tried both of the products that you suggested, they work great for volumising my hair. However they still leave my hair fluffy which means it doesn't hold in place. I tried to use some hairspray to hold it in place but it still doesn't hold. Any suggestions to hold my hair in place seeing as I have limp hair?

Thank you

Oli
05-08-2015, 10:29 AM
Did you try a good hair spray? sometimes it's the hairspray itself that needs to be changed especially for hair like yours that has trouble remaining vertical to the scalp.

Do also make sure that you're using the hair spray in the correct sequence. So you dry you style your hair with the hair products so that your hair is left in the exact hairstyle that you want it to remain in, and then you spray so that the hair is locked into that hairstyle. We call hair spray a 'finisher' in the jargon of mens hair products.

Check out these recommended hair sprays for men as those are some of the best hair spray products around. If you need a really strong hold then go with the Big Sexy hairspray that is recommended in that linked post -- it's the second one -- with all those mens hair sprays.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Restylable, matte, water-based product for fine, medium-length hair nysharps 0 69 11-29-2016 12:08 AM
Last Post: nysharps
  Which product makes thick hair not clump together? Zatem 0 85 11-11-2016 01:56 PM
Last Post: Zatem
  Best hair styling wax for Asian men hair? Cool Hair Guy 8 24,778 11-07-2016 11:30 PM
Last Post: aliu123
  Best mens hair conditioner for damaged hair hapaa 4 440 10-06-2016 04:19 AM
Last Post: oslec8