Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hair Length Inconsistency and Haircut Advice (Growing Long Hair)
08-04-2016, 09:44 AM (This post was last modified: 08-04-2016 09:50 AM by tombanter.)
Hair Length Inconsistency and Haircut Advice (Growing Long Hair)
Hi everybody! I've been growing my hair since the beginning of this year, but had fallen into the habit of visiting my stylist regularly. Prior to deciding to grow it out, I kept it relatively short, around 2-3 inches at the most, and got regular hair cuts every 2-4 weeks (depending on what I was trying to do).

When I decided to grow it out, my stylist and I came up with a plan together. She wanted to make sure I didn't have "accidental mullet" so we kept the crown tidy and nape relatively short, while the top and sides grew out, my visits have been spaced out longer and longer lately, I now get a trim about every 6 weeks, but I'm spreading that out even longer to 8-10 weeks.

The problem is because of how I've had it cut, the lengths are all kind of different:

Top + Sides: 6 Inch
Crown: 4.5 Inch
Nape: 3.5 Inch

It doesn't look bad, but I know I want at least want 8-10 inches. Basically, my hair looks like what Takeshi Kaneshiro has going on in this picture:

[Image: JYi6Hpj.jpg]

WHAT I NEED ADVICE ON: But now I'm not sure if I should continue to get the top and sides trimmed to give the crown and nape time to "catch up" or if I should just forego all trims for a few months and just let it grow out from these varying lengths on their own? What advice would you guys have? How should I articulate shape for when I get it to a length worth sculpting? Should I get it layered (my thick straight hair needs extra help showing texture and shape, was thinking a layered cut to grow into might help that)? Should I just let it grow as is? Halp!

And thanks! Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  How to get long hair like Johnny Depp hairstyle Sonchek 2 179 Today 02:26 AM
Last Post: Sonchek
  Growing Shoulder Length Hair from Medium Hair, How Much Time? damon789 2 392 10-03-2016 09:37 AM
Last Post: The Hairstylist
Wink How to grow long hair like Avan Jogia from short medium haircut zuburaika 6 6,826 09-11-2016 04:33 AM
Last Post: r3dzzz
  New hairstyle, long hair to ...? philippe_lopes 0 243 09-08-2016 02:33 PM
Last Post: philippe_lopes