Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hair Clay Pomade vs Hairstyling Clay 0 0
Hair Clay Pomade vs Hairstyling Clay
08-22-2018, 01:00 AM
Hair Clay Pomade vs Hairstyling Clay
I see a lot of products that call themselves clay pomades, like first hand styling clay or arcadian clay pomade, flag ship dead sea clay and I am confused as to whether they are the same as typical clay products like Cavalier clay by Blumaan or Claymation by Hanz De Fuko. Are they just clays or are they pomades with clay properties (i.e. matte finish and more texture)?
Thanks for the help I cant seem to find the answer elsewhere.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-24-2018, 10:35 AM
Hair Clay Pomade vs Hairstyling Clay difference is in their hairstyle use!
The difference between clay pomade and hairstyling clay pomade is that clay pomade is an acting pomade with matte & light-hold styling effects, while hair clay or hairstyling clay is essentially hair wax with a matte low-hold effect. Hair clay has volume boosting properties, especially when used with a hair dryer. Hair clay pomade, not so much and thus their different uses.

Unfortunately there isn't any standardization of the product categories so what one company may claim may just as well differ somewhat from another company. However, the above definition is what stands true as per a taxonomical definition -- so to speak!

Use a hairstyling clay for classic hairstyles requiring the side sweeping of your hair, such as with the side swept hairstyle or the businessman hairstyle. See these hairstyles here: side swept hairstyle guide and businessman hairstyle guide.

On the other hand, hair clay is to be used for tousled hairstyles as well as casual hairstyles. See some here: messy hairstyles guide and casual hairstyles guide.

Do also browse our hair products guide for more on the best hair waxes and pomades recommended.

Oldschool barber getting it on with the internet era.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Suavecito Matte Pomade markato46 0 323 12-07-2017 02:04 AM
Last Post: markato46
  Looking for Hair Wax Matte Clay most similar to Lee Stafford - As Ruff as you Like marcus_aurelius 2 1,469 07-12-2017 08:40 AM
Last Post: trevorouk
  How to degrease and remove pomade from hair leastwood2 1 1,780 06-15-2016 09:40 AM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum
  Ponz Grooming hair pomade opinions and experience vicktor.j 0 614 06-13-2016 10:04 AM
Last Post: vicktor.j