Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HELP!!! Acne breakout with super sensitive skin at age 15
09-22-2015, 04:21 PM
HELP!!! Acne breakout with super sensitive skin at age 15
Hey, I'm 15 and having an acne breakout. I know this isn't a skin forum, but it is really bad! My skin is super sensitive and I think I used too many masks and dried out my skin. I just switched to witch hazel and have been doing twice a day.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-23-2015, 12:35 PM
The best plan is to see a doctor and use one of the time-tested acne treatments.
The best thing to do is to see a doctor (preferably a dermatologist) and get the doctor's advice. Usually benzoyl peroxide will work to treat mild to moderate acne and doctors give that out as the first line of treatment, especially if you get an acne breakout. Ask your parents about your acne problem and ask them if you could see a doctor to look at the different time-tested treatments available for acne breakouts in teenagers.

One other compound that is useful for acne is salicylic acid which is also used in some anti dandruff shampoos as salicylic acid causes the skin cells to shed and be cleaned up. Salicylic acid is actually a pretty good anti dandruff agent used in some men's dandruff shampoos and it's known to work as yet another treatment for acne in young men.

Lastly you have the retinoids like isotretinoin. The problem with isotretinoin is that it can cause a myriad of side effects, including the premature stopping of vertical growth in teenagers (i.e. there is a risk that you may stop growing permanently). From the last research data that I looked at, isotretinoin causes the premature fusion of epiphyseal plates, so you will not gain back any lost potential of extra height (if height worries you or your parents).

Forget about most expensive creams (or "exotic" herbal potions) that do nothing and go see a doctor. Acne is extremely common so all doctors know what to recommend and/or prescribe. Just be careful with isotretinoin and mention about possible side effects with it if your doctor offers to put you on isotretinoin for your acne.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
09-26-2015, 09:07 PM
RE: HELP!!! Acne breakout with super sensitive skin at age 15
Thanks! It has gotten better with Witch Hazel and coconut oil!
09-27-2015, 11:05 AM
Be careful with the coconut oil as that's extra grease that you're adding to your face. IME coconut butter in very small quantities is a great skin moisturizer and hair moisturizer but it can make your skin and hair very greasy if you use a little bit more than the smallest amount. I haven't tried witch hazel though.

Since you are using natural acne remedies, have you tried using Aloe Vera for acne? I have a couple of friends who swear by it as it is supposed to hydrate the skin and tame the skin inflammation that comes with acne. Aloe Vera doesn't make your skin greasy and it is used to heal wounds and minor burns, so there must be something good going on about it. Just a thought.
09-27-2015, 12:34 PM
Thanks. Ill try it!
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Looking For Some Hairstyles: Oval Face, Dark Skin RR0907 0 104 09-19-2016 05:26 AM
Last Post: RR0907