Gym Rats... Do you even lift brahh!
11-03-2013, 11:14 AM
Gym Rats... Do you even lift brahh!
Any fellow gym rats here at MHF ? Just curious Wink
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-03-2013, 12:27 PM
RE: Gym Rats... Do you even lift brahh!
Yup at least 5 times a week. I love working out. Chest/tri..Back/bi..Shoulders/core..Legs..Cardio. My 5 day split.
11-03-2013, 01:54 PM
misc in da house!
Also on a 5 day split, i'm considering full body, any of you have any experience with full body workouts??
11-03-2013, 04:31 PM
I'm also doing a 5 day split.. If I was doing a full body workout just do 4 x sets of squats/deads/military press/clean and jerks worked wonders for me... Don't waste you time and effort on isolation exercises go heavy or go home hahah
11-03-2013, 06:15 PM
I'd also add in barbell back rows and chest press for full body routine. Google strong lifts 5x5 if you're considering a full body routine, had a friend who tried it out and got some good strength gains, but said you start to plateau after a month.
11-03-2013, 09:22 PM (This post was last modified: 11-03-2013 09:24 PM by choco00934141.)
"brah", so you are from bodybuilding.com forums? brah!

i follow 2 day workout plan, x2 = 4 days a week.

1st day, chest, shoulders, triceps
2nd day, bicep,back,legs,lats,traps
11-04-2013, 08:29 AM
(11-03-2013 09:22 PM)choco00934141 Wrote:  "brah", so you are from bodybuilding.com forums? brah!

I was on bodybuilding.com a while back not used it for a while tho... brah
11-05-2013, 03:43 AM
So is anyone on strong bulk this winter ? Roll on cutting season Smile haha
11-05-2013, 02:20 PM
(11-05-2013 03:43 AM)Aesthetix29 Wrote:  So is anyone on strong bulk this winter ? Roll on cutting season Smile haha

I can't ever truly bulk, I don't eat that much to begin with. I'm going to try though by making some crazy protein and carb packed smoothies
11-05-2013, 04:18 PM
(11-05-2013 02:20 PM)ChevelleSS Wrote:  
(11-05-2013 03:43 AM)Aesthetix29 Wrote:  So is anyone on strong bulk this winter ? Roll on cutting season Smile haha

I can't ever truly bulk, I don't eat that much to begin with. I'm going to try though by making some crazy protein and carb packed smoothies

I was the same pal once upon a time but I now eat over 4000 calories a day healthy, the trick is natural peanut butter and fine Scottish oats blended with protein powder and add olive oil for extra cals each shake can be upto 1000 cals lol I have 3 a day and I'm hovering around 220 lbs atm and still got till jan/Feb haha
11-05-2013, 04:33 PM
Great to see lots of workout brahs!

I used to train really hard in my early 20s, natty, just wanted to be aesthetic for the pleasure of lifting and I actually enjoy lifting. Now my career keeps me super busy so I try to do full body workouts 2-3 times per week so its: squats, barbell rows, military presses, bench presses and pull ups every time I go to the gym Big Grin

(11-03-2013 09:22 PM)choco00934141 Wrote:  "brah", so you are from bodybuilding.com forums? brah!

I iintially understood it as twice a day Big Grin So are doing doing something like a Heavy/Light system so you modulate the load when you repeat for a 2nd time the A/B training days in the week? I used to do this, was great for bulking!

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
11-05-2013, 04:46 PM
(11-05-2013 04:18 PM)Aesthetix29 Wrote:  
(11-05-2013 02:20 PM)ChevelleSS Wrote:  

I was the same pal once upon a time but I now eat over 4000 calories a day healthy, the trick is natural peanut butter and fine Scottish oats blended with protein powder and add olive oil for extra cals each shake can be upto 1000 cals lol I have 3 a day and I'm hovering around 220 lbs atm and still got till jan/Feb haha

+10

The hell with weight gainers, they're loaded with sugar and rats. Wholefoods on a bulk is the way to go, food like peanut butter on wholemeal bread adds lot of calories with plenty of vitamins and fiber. Regular whey protein to up the protein intake but no "Chinese lab" product formulations LOL Agreed on the oats too, great advice Aesthetix29!

P.s. I'm currently using this organic whey protein, loving it as it's plain whey protein (goes great with berries in a milk shake) with the added benefit of being certified organic. Prior to that I loved ON whey, the chocolate flavor was dayum!

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
11-05-2013, 07:24 PM
ON chocolate whey is the best! Just got back from the gym and made a very good smoothie:

1 scoop of ON chocolate whey
1/2 cup of milk
5 tablespoons of vanilla yogurt
2 tablespoons of organic natural peanut butter
1 banana
2 tablespoons of nutella

Yeah I know, the nutella kinda ruins the healthiness of it, but it's so damn good. Smoothies are the best. I like the olive oil idea to get in some fats, but does it add a strange taste? I usually take fish oil pills when I remember to take them.
11-06-2013, 01:12 AM
(11-05-2013 07:24 PM)ChevelleSS Wrote:  ON chocolate whey is the best! Just got back from the gym and made a very good smoothie:

1 scoop of ON chocolate whey
1/2 cup of milk
5 tablespoons of vanilla yogurt
2 tablespoons of organic natural peanut butter
1 banana
2 tablespoons of nutella

Yeah I know, the nutella kinda ruins the healthiness of it, but it's so damn good. Smoothies are the best. I like the olive oil idea to get in some fats, but does it add a strange taste? I usually take fish oil pills when I remember to take them.

No mate cant even taste it.... id scrap the nutella and get some liquadrops (choco flavour) and just put 4 drops of that in it much better but each to there own i suppose Smile
11-06-2013, 09:30 PM
Nutella is just so good though! I don't always add it, and next time I'm going to try some olive oil. I like olive oil so even if I taste it I probably won't mind.
11-07-2013, 10:38 AM
(11-06-2013 09:30 PM)ChevelleSS Wrote:  Nutella is just so good though! I don't always add it, and next time I'm going to try some olive oil. I like olive oil so even if I taste it I probably won't mind.

Careful with the olive oil bro, a little too much and you end up ruining your shake. I used to do crazy things back in my bb days and while I enjoy olive oil in salads etc I did ruin a couple of shakes putting olive oil in! Big Grin

I prefer cream to put on shakes, I know people obsess about saturated fats etc but if you pick organic cream from cows that have grazed in pastures, you will get high quality fatty acids in the cream, including CLA.

Oh and Nutella mmmm.... We may need to update our emoticon list to include one for drooling, I tell ya!

11-07-2013, 02:49 PM
Another gym rat right here. Currently on a 6 day split. I want to change it to a 5 day split though, with school and all. Bulking at the moment.
11-07-2013, 05:42 PM
(11-07-2013 10:38 AM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  
(11-06-2013 09:30 PM)ChevelleSS Wrote:  Nutella is just so good though! I don't always add it, and next time I'm going to try some olive oil. I like olive oil so even if I taste it I probably won't mind.

Careful with the olive oil bro, a little too much and you end up ruining your shake. I used to do crazy things back in my bb days and while I enjoy olive oil in salads etc I did ruin a couple of shakes putting olive oil in! Big Grin

I prefer cream to put on shakes, I know people obsess about saturated fats etc but if you pick organic cream from cows that have grazed in pastures, you will get high quality fatty acids in the cream, including CLA.

Oh and Nutella mmmm.... We may need to update our emoticon list to include one for drooling, I tell ya!

Yeah I didn't make my shake thick enough.. oil ended up on top, first sip was a mouthful of olive oil Sad
11-08-2013, 05:25 AM
(11-07-2013 05:42 PM)ChevelleSS Wrote:  
(11-07-2013 10:38 AM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  

Yeah I didn't make my shake thick enough.. oil ended up on top, first sip was a mouthful of olive oil Sad

Ive never had this problem but i use an actual blender... are you just using a shaker ?
11-08-2013, 01:49 PM
Yeah I used a blender but my shake came out very liquidy because I was out of yogurt ontop of the fact I think I used too much olive oil. I didn't mean too, stupid bottle doesn't have a spout and poured a lot. It wasn't terrible though and at least it was healthy! I'm going to try using some MCT oil, my friend puts some in his coffee.. it's pretty tasteless
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------