Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guard length for the military burr cut?
09-08-2013, 08:09 PM
Guard length for the military burr cut?
If one were to try a burr cut as in a military haircut, what would be the guard to use in the hair clipper? i just finished watching a military documentary and i know i have read about military haircuts in this forum. The burr cut looks like a couple of guard numbers above the induction cut which i understand is the haircut when you get throw into bootcam correct?
Thanks! Cool
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-08-2013, 10:15 PM
RE: Guard length for the military burr cut?
Yes Stevens the Burr Cut is a military haircut and it is slightly longer than the Induction Cut. The Burr Cut is clipped with a guard number of a 1 or 2 while although it also varies depending on the region but a 1-2 is commonly understood as a Burr Cut.

You can read more about the Burr Cut and see pictures in our military haircuts guide Smile

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
09-09-2013, 02:10 PM (This post was last modified: 09-09-2013 02:11 PM by Jurgen.)
+1 what TMHF said above.
The burr cut is between the induction cut and the butch cut. I was watching FC Barcelona play the other day and the club's goalkeeper Victor Valdes always sports a burr cut, a 1 or 2 all around the head is enough for the hair clipper! also you can call the burr cut a buzz cut but the buzz cut is more of a generic term for all clipped short haircuts Smile

[Image: r-VICTOR-VALDES-large570.jpg]

[Image: 200px-Vald%C3%A9s_2010.jpg]

[Image: victor-valdes__300x450.jpg]

[Image: Victor_Valdes.jpg]
09-27-2013, 04:29 PM (This post was last modified: 09-27-2013 04:30 PM by Barber.)
Some barbers do call a burr cut a butch cut or just a buzz cut with X guard length, it really depends on the barber.
The lads TMHF and Jurgen are right in their advice tho my advice is that you turn up to the barber & just mention the guard length you want and say you want it all across or all around, that way you make sure the barber gets the buzz right.
Just noticed we dont have a guard length guide in the forum so i will talk to the team to get one done, in the meantime check the guide from Rogelio at manly curls he has the guards right http://www.manlycurls.com/2012/05/hair-c...k-rogelio/

Oldschool barber getting it on with the internet era.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  What length of hair is this ? Pollenase 0 238 09-09-2016 12:01 PM
Last Post: Pollenase
  Long Wavy Front Hairstyle Advice with Medium Length Hair Minfast 2 887 07-07-2015 12:51 PM
Last Post: Minfast
  Looking for new medium length haircut for heart shaped face :) Goger 4 1,612 07-04-2015 10:30 AM
Last Post: Goger
  Hair length question for side part hairstyle SAMCRO 1 910 06-25-2015 11:50 PM
Last Post: vividamnesia