Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Growing out the hair [slightly]
11-08-2013, 02:00 PM
Growing out the hair [slightly]
I've always had short hair all my life, #1 on sides #3 on top.. I loved it, very simple, low maintenance, and suited me well. But it's time for a change. Currently my hair is the longest it's been since I was probably 5 and it's not even that long, my guess is around 1.5 inches. So I really don't know what my hair type is like, but I'm going for it. I don't want it too long.. I prefer to keep the sides cut short to a #2 or #3... and the top a nice medium length.

[Image: kJn9XcG.jpg][Image: C2LS9ln.jpg]

As of now, I'm kind of liking my hair combed over to the side, this is how I'm currently wearing it:
[Image: mHjs6B6.jpg]

What do you guys think?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-08-2013, 05:41 PM
RE: Growing out the hair [slightly]
Mate look no further and go for an undercut, it fits your specs and you have vertical temples which is one of the standards we have developed in this forum for the undercut suitability.
Remember the undercut is just a haircut on its own so the top is left as long as you want, usually with men with vertical long faces like urs it is better to not style the hair all the way up and instead style to the side with fingers.
Aim for 4 inches of hair length on the top.
Get the undercut now but aim to reach 4 inches (give it 6 months) and continue to read all the stuff we have in the forum about the undercut so you know the haircut and the different styles you can do in the undercut. Also start getting some practise with hairstyling products, you want to have 3 hairstyling products always around for a wide repertoire of hairstyles on your undercut: hair wax, hair gel and hair pomade. If you dont have it yet, get The Mens Hair book by Rogelio Samson.

Read these:
Undercut hairstyle, haircut and pictures
Barbershop or hair salon - in case youre undecided which to pick to get your undercut, I recommend a barber for obvious reasons...Rolleyes
Best hair products list ---> choose a hair wax, hair gel and pomade from the products we recommend in the lists. Even if you live outside the US, buy the products from Amazon.com (thats where the recommended products in the thread are from) as the prices are the lowest and shipping isnt that expensive. Do also grab yourself The Mens Hair book while youre at it as you will get lots of hairstyle ideas in the book and learn to take care of your hair too.
Im not too fond of recommending the undercut as a generic haircut but I think it can be a good choice for you especially if youre looking for longer hair and change in look.
Cheers

Oldschool barber getting it on with the internet era.
11-08-2013, 09:59 PM
Awesome thanks. Yeah I looked through all the hair styles here and thought that kind would suit me the best. Now my question is, where do I have to travel to get an epic hair cut by you?
11-09-2013, 02:52 PM
(11-08-2013 09:59 PM)ChevelleSS Wrote:  Awesome thanks. Yeah I looked through all the hair styles here and thought that kind would suit me the best. Now my question is, where do I have to travel to get an epic hair cut by you?

Big GrinBig Grin Barber is in the UK!

I agree with the hairstyle option he mentioned for you, your hair will grow fast for the lengthy top. Aside from our own's Barber, a good downtown barber will give you a good undercut clip and. You also have enough length on the top by now to start playing with different hair products (eg like the ones he mentioned) and also hairstyles for the top.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
11-09-2013, 04:00 PM
Yeah I need to get some products, what is the difference between the 3? Also, I played around with my hair when it was wet and I have a widows peak which I don't know how to work with. The hair right at the point just falls down and it looks weird.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Growing my long hair out do I shave sides and neckline? Snigg 5 3,047 08-26-2016 12:28 PM
Last Post: Billy2107
  Help Determining Hair Type and with Growing Hair Out seanpaulsartre 0 200 08-12-2016 06:02 PM
Last Post: seanpaulsartre
  Advice on growing out hair Hexege 0 332 05-15-2016 04:21 PM
Last Post: Hexege
  Help with growing my bangs out? SouthernHospitality 0 311 12-14-2015 03:36 PM
Last Post: SouthernHospitality