Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Growing out my curly hair long: Curling and Poofing issues
09-21-2015, 04:34 PM (This post was last modified: 09-21-2015 04:44 PM by yasgur99.)
Growing out my curly hair long: Curling and Poofing issues
So I have been growing out my hair for some time now. I have 4+ inches on top and 3+ on the sides and back. My hair is wavy on top right now and flows around, but the hair on my sides and back are kinda curly. I have very thick hair.

When my hair on the top was that length it was curly too so I expect it to straighten out as it gets longer. I'm just guessing, what do you guys think.

My main issue is that the hair on the top of my head seems to stay a lot more moisturized and healthier than the hair on the sides and back. I condition my hair regularly as well as use coconut oil once a week to keep it healthy and also try and stop the puff on the sides. The coconut oil works wonders on top, but the hair on the side seems to still be kinda dry, frizzy, and curly.

When my hair dries, the sides and back seem to get very puffy no matter what I do. I have noticed that when I brush my hair after it dries just the tips at the very bottom of the sides and back curl, but as the day goes on the entire sides and bottom half of the back of my head curls.

I was wondering if there is any way to:
1) Get the sides and back to be healthier looking?
2) Make it wavy quicker?
3) Do I get a trim on the sides so it isn't so crazy (I haven't had it cut since last April or March)? 4) Any way of hiding it (I wear hats a lot but they don't do anything about the sides and back)?
5) Any ways of styling my hair (Ill send a pic once it dries) because right now I don't know what to do with my head except hide it with a hat?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-21-2015, 04:55 PM
RE: Growing out my hair: Curling and Poofing
Also, I forgot to mention that I noticed that even when the coconut oil is in the sides and back fall a little bit but not really. It takes a ton of it too to saturate those parts compared to the top of my head. When its on the top it takes immediate effect as if it is wet but the sides and back just don't.
09-21-2015, 05:00 PM
RE: Growing out my hair: Curling and Poofing
LOL i just re-measured and the top is like 4.5 and the sides are like 4.25 at top but as you get closer to the ear it goes closer to 3ish. Same with the back its longer higher up. (I guess the top just grows faster)
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Good pomades to tame and straighten my crazy curly hair Salazar Mojo 1 311 10-18-2016 01:44 PM
Last Post: A Tall Guy
  Curly hair blow dry with brush to straighten it, Is it damaged? Ttas664 5 288 10-18-2016 01:17 PM
Last Post: A Tall Guy
  Method to turn Curly hair into Wavy hair for Men - Hair Product Trick Bradley 2 13,657 09-28-2016 01:13 AM
Last Post: PinkChili
  curly super dry bush type unshiny hair shau1203 0 265 08-09-2016 03:30 PM
Last Post: shau1203